or Connect

Posts by jasonb

My review is up.    http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-jive/reviews/13884
I don't know. When at my desk I plug my Q701 right into the speaker outputs of an Emotiva Mini-X A-100, but I also use them plugged right into my HTC one M9. The M9 has a very powerful (at least for a phone) amp inside, but it is still nothing close to the power output of the Emotiva, but I still enjoy the Q701 straight out of the M9. It's at least 90% as good. I know I've said it before, but I think people blow the need for extreme amplification out of proportion. When...
My other IEM'S are the Vsonic GR01 and the RE-Zero. Being used to those and also the Q701 and HM5, I still find these sub $30 Jive quite enjoyable. I'll have my review up soon, but listening to what I'm used to, then using these I am blown away on how well they sound considering the price. I haven't really had any IEM'S in this price range and am surprised at how good these sound at the price they are selling for. After burn in, they are quite good. Biggest complaint is...
I run my Q701 right from the speaker taps. I took the longer of the two cords that came with mine, cut it down a little shorter and put banana plugs on it. There is a very slight hiss, but the fan from my laptop is still louder than the hiss, so it's irrelevant.
I already liked them before, but I let them burn in over the weekend for 48hrs straight and they sound even better now. The messy top end has toned down and smoothed out quite a bit. They sound remarkably flat for under $30. They would give the RE-Zero a run for its money. I like my GR01 better for sure, but these are amazing for $30. These had some very obvious peaks up top in the very beginning that are not anywhere near as obvious now. I switched to a different set of...
They are not hard to drive, but I do have other IEM'S that are easier to drive. They still get plenty loud at 53-60% volume on my HTC One M9.
I put maybe 3 hours on them of actual listening. I just hooked them up to an old ipod nano and put it on shuffle at a slightly higher volume than normal.
My other in ears are the Brainwavz S5, S0, Vsonic GR01, and the HiFi-Man RE-Zero. When I do my review these will be the others I compare these to. I will say that I like these better than the S5 and S0. I just prefer the frequency response of these better. These sound somewhat similar to the GR01 and the RE-Zero. They aren't as good as the GR01 or the RE-Zero, but these cost a fraction of what those cost. They do share a similar overall sound though. Neutral, detailed, and...
I have mine in my ears right now. Very quick first impression after maybe 20 minutes: Very impressive for being less than $30. They have a somewhat neutral/analytical/flat sound to them which is what I'm used to. There is a bit of unevenness somewhere in the upper mids lower treble area that bugs me a bit, but it may smooth out a bit with some time. I've tried a few different tips trying to make it go away, not to successful yet, but they are very enjoyable for them...
I got an email shipping confirmation and tracking number. By looking at the tracking it appears that it's leaving Hong Kong today and will be delivered to my house in NY tomorrow by noon. Thats crazy fast shipping if that ends up being true. If they do arrive tomorrow I'll post a initial impression tomorrow or thursday night.