Posts by jasonb

This setup is definitely better. Not sure how to put it in words yet, but it's better. I'm not sure if the ODAC is technically better than the 9018 that's in the V10, but to my ears it sounds just as clean and detailed. I know the ODAC is using an older chip. The Magni definitely is much more powerful.
I'm really liking my HD650, and this whole new setup as a whole. My system is an Acer Chromebook R11 usb out to a JDS Labs ODAC feeding a Schiit Audio Magni 2 Uber which is of course powering the HD650. The amp and DAC are on an "end Table" next to my recliner, so it's a very relaxing setting. My music is either Flac, and some random old high bitrate MP3 on a 200GB SD card, or Tidal HiFi. The Chromebook makes everything very simple, buts it's just enough. It plays music...
ODAC, Schiit Magni 2 Uber, and the HD650 are an awesome combo. I am really liking this new setup. It's also the first time I'm using my Chromebook as a music source and that's working out very well too.    Oh and Tidal > Spotify, by far. I'm listening to an album on Tidal right now that I listened to quite frequently on Spotify and it seriously sounds like a completely different album. There has never been a remaster or remix of the album, so no, it's not that. The...
What a sexy little beast this thing is. It's smaller than I had envisioned it being. It sounds great so far though. Biggest thing I noticed so far over using the V10 with the HD650 is noticeably deeper bass extension and better dynamic range.
I use the stock music player for music files on my SD card, and Spotify. I see no reason to use anything other than the stock player for files on my SD card. Everything on my SD card is either Flac, or high bitrate MP3, but mostly Flac.
I'm expecting a slight improvement. I'll report back after a couple days with it.
I plan on keeping the Q701 around, but I see myself using the HD650 more.
These things seem to have all the same detail that the Q701 has, but is just presented in a nicer way.
 even better would be an unlocked one that you can root.
I just got another HD650. I had one it was probably about 5 or 6 years or so ago, and ended up having to sell it and the Headroom desktop amp/DAC I was using with it. then I used nothing but cheap IEM's for a little while, then got the bug again and had gotten a Q701 and an E17 about 4 years or so ago, and then slowly kept upgrading the amp and dac to go with it. For the last year and a half I've just been using the Q701 with my LG V10 which has the ESS Sabre ES9018 and...