Posts by mcmalden

So I've been playing around with them for a while now, time to give my two cents. Don't take the frequencies that I talk about too seriously; they are more like a personal reference. Also, excuse me for my English.   As I noted earlier, I was looking for an upgrade from the ex15's. Not that I was really missing something, but you must be able to do better than 10eu buds. Good thing is these buds have a similar presentation. Most headphones I have heard completely over do...
Burning in right now. The first impression left me with mixed feelings; I really like the timbre but it screams to be equalized. For now there is a bit of mid bass bleeding into the mids but it'll open up after a few hours I'm sure. I'll let me ears get used to them(I'm a speaker guy, still messing with tips etc.) and let the driver settle, then I'll post my impressions. No regrets of the purchase thusfar
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll pick them up anyway or add them to my birthday which list (which is around the corner), got to love the old folks. You can't go completely wrong for 70buck and it is refreshing to hear about a bright in-ear for 10/10 I've heard are on the dark side. I'll post a impression in the case that I get them.
Interesting stuff, I use a couple of 10eu buds from Sony, these suckers:   http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-EX15LP-In-Ear-Headphones-Drivers/dp/B00IJXCBG6   I am thinking about upgrading and since I actually like the once I have pretty well - unlike the amazon reviewers I might add - I am considering to stick with sony and go for the ex650's. I am not really familiar with in-ears so maybe you guys have some opinions to shed about them around this price point (60-100...
I actually just sold my inakustik ls-1302's. Very clean sounding though a bit boring. Made a huge difference with the qed's. Need to buy a laptop though^^'
Does this look like a leaking capacitor to you?  
Thanks for the input, I'll take a look the moment I find the time. Much appreciated!
Dear fellow Head-Fiers,   Yesterday the main fuse of my Classé cap-101 blew right away on start-up. I replaced the T3,15A for a T2,5A which also blew right away. I have been using this amp for quiet a while now and nothing extraordinary has happend which could lead to the problem as far as I'm concerned. However I did listen pretty loudly for only a few minutes on the last use. I concluded it's not a short-circuit with the casing since the house' fuses did not...
  The rear speaker does make sense to me. Although the sound from the different speakers will effect each other nonetheless(you don't need the exact same frequency for interference). But in a same way the sounds in 'the jungle' would effect each other so this would make up for natural 'jungle sound'.   It also makes sense a centre speaker would define the middle of the soundfield, or dialoges. However, in my experience, speakers recreate the soundfield of the recording...
  Infact the anti noise diagram is not out of context and it's an example. If you choose to ignore my other post that's your choice.    So tell me: what is the use of a center speaker? And why do you need rear speakers for ambience if you have a rear wall reflection?