Posts by mcmalden

awesome stuff, might pick the TC-7533 up myself
I actually just sold my inakustik ls-1302's. Very clean sounding though a bit boring. Made a huge difference with the qed's. Need to buy a laptop though^^'
Does this look like a leaking capacitor to you?  
Thanks for the input, I'll take a look the moment I find the time. Much appreciated!
Dear fellow Head-Fiers,   Yesterday the main fuse of my Classé cap-101 blew right away on start-up. I replaced the T3,15A for a T2,5A which also blew right away. I have been using this amp for quiet a while now and nothing extraordinary has happend which could lead to the problem as far as I'm concerned. However I did listen pretty loudly for only a few minutes on the last use. I concluded it's not a short-circuit with the casing since the house' fuses did not...
  The rear speaker does make sense to me. Although the sound from the different speakers will effect each other nonetheless(you don't need the exact same frequency for interference). But in a same way the sounds in 'the jungle' would effect each other so this would make up for natural 'jungle sound'.   It also makes sense a centre speaker would define the middle of the soundfield, or dialoges. However, in my experience, speakers recreate the soundfield of the recording...
  Infact the anti noise diagram is not out of context and it's an example. If you choose to ignore my other post that's your choice.    So tell me: what is the use of a center speaker? And why do you need rear speakers for ambience if you have a rear wall reflection?
  I think I made my point pretty clear: Speakers move air in the same space, therefore the same air and therefore work against each other to some degree. This is called interference.This effect is therefore not present with headphones and your brain won't do this for you. This is simple physics.   This is an image of two speakers producing the same signal... although in dutch it most me understandable. Between the speakers you see a lot of standing waves: this is the...
  The same way active noise cancellation works. This problem also occures in a stereo setup. Though speakers facing each other interact more.      This is 90% of the reason headphones show more detail than speakers. Moreover the fuss about the 'nearfield' has got everything to do with this. In the nearfield you'll get some of the detail which is lost at greater distances.
  There is a link in ''a new active monitor'' from my original post. My bad, should have said that;). It's the AM180. ELAC is one of the biggest manufacturers I believe, so I guess they indead have many product lines.   I would choose stereo over surround anytime. The dept of a good stereo setup is more than enough for me. My dad's reciever sounds like crap, it's one of those new Yamaha's. Even with movies I wasn't very much impressed using my new and old speakers. Since...