Posts by Jibbie

I sometimes miss these babies...
I quite agree that my setup is far from high end, and that a better source and amp would of course, make this comparison a little more comprehensive.  Having said that, however, the things that were better on the D2000, namely comfort and soundstage, will always be better than the Pro 900, regardless of the source used.  I feel confident in proclaiming that, no matter the setup, I'd probably prefer the Denons for the reasons stated in the review.  More importantly, more...
I just listened to that song to see if I had distortion on the D5000 and found none, however the bass on that track isn't recorded very well.  I think you'll find that, once you have a good pair of revealing, high end headphones, that a lot of hip hop doesn't sound that great because some of it is recorded very poorly.  Especially the bass.  I like hip hop and have a bunch of it on my computer, but even some albums in FLAC don't sound that great.
X2.  Most musical bass-oriented cans I've yet heard    
They are definitely late-bloomers, although I enjoyed mine immediately out-of-the-box    
I also got my D5000 for 400 dollars, though it was from Electronics Expo.  It should be safe, and for that price the D5000 is an incredible headphone.
Always glad to help.    
This is definitely a question that only you can answer, however, some of us may be able to help illuminate the possible choices for you, so that you can make a better decision.   The D2000 and the K701 are very different cans.  One has strong bass, recessed mids, and is a closed headphone while the other has very weak bass (although great extension), very prominent mids, and is open with a huge soundstage.     I personally feel like going from the Pro 900 to the D2000 is...
Wow awesome job.  Thanks for sharing.  Looks like an incredibly easy way to improve the comfort of the Ultrasone line.
The lettering on the D5000 is painted on, not engraved, but it is underneath the finish of the wood, so it shouldn't wear off