Posts by ardgedee

Count me in...
Whoa. I didn't notice the gouge/flaw in the shield barrel. Okay yeah, that was bad.
 Moon Audio sells the Amphenol 86-71-6s connector. It's not defective, that's exactly what it's supposed to look like, because this product was designed to be a microphone connector. The large metal cylinder is not a case. It's shielding. The two screw holes allow the shielding to be positioned past the base (to connect to shielded sockets) or align with the base (to connect to unshielded sockets). The actual connector caps are sold separately and are the same plastic as...
 Before headphones -- audio equipment generally -- became a big phenomenon, there was all kinds of equipment available for what we'd consider these days to be incredibly cheap. It's not completely unheard of for equipment to go for approximately-free, but it's happening a lot less often now that everybody running a yard sale knows that there's increased public interest in audio gear, and they can always check Ebay to set their prices.
Sorry I started this. Let's change the subject.
The only unboxing video worth watching.
That's pretty awesome. I had a brief listen to it last year in Charlotte when it was working (at low volumes) and even then, within limitations, it sounded great.
There's a price drop on Amazon: $700 from both Amazon and World Wide Stereo. WWS is slightly cheaper and, depending on the state you live in, won't charge sales tax and also ship Prime. Amazon Warehouse has a few used units for $600. Those aren't refurbs, just returns, so there's more of a risk of buying somebody else's problems.   Not record-setting prices. But since things have been hovering around $800 for the past few months, I thought it was worth noting.
 This is both true and disingenuous. We are in control of our actions, but we don't live in a vacuum either. It's natural to want to get involved in something that others seem enthusiastic about, or to become curious about something and want to know more about it. For me, the best perspective to develop about audio equipment has been to dispense with the notion of an end-game system. Think in terms of the changes you can make that improve or alter the sound in interesting...
 No idea what you're going through. I want to think I understand, but I don't. I haven't lived your life. Humans mostly suck at empathy. For most of us it's hard to control. Sometimes we're too insensitive. Sometimes our sensitivity goes into overdrive, and everything becomes painful. That might have been how things felt while you were in the institution, and also now that you're out. It's unfair to feel so miserable, and also feel other people's misery, when they can't...