Posts by Orangecrush

Thanks, that was very helpful.
This looks like Lite Audio's answer to the Audio GD Reference 7,8,9.   http://diyclub.biz/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=646   Not much detailed info on it.   Anyone heard it?
Most likely true, but then why would the Ref 8 still sound a little better than the 9?    
  I asked Kingwa similar questions, here was his unedited answer: 1. Would there be any sonic benefit of the Reference 8 or 7 over the Reference 9 if only plan to use only RCA output?   The RE7 is neutral sound flavor but I don't think its sound ligh. But RE7 and RE8 is balance design, so if applied RCA output, even though all 8PCM1704 work but the half analog output did not work for output. And the sound level, RE7 and RE8 sound a little better than RE9 at RCA...
I too would like hear any feedback with the Ref 9. 
That makes sense. I will be using it with a Decware Zen TORII Mk III. Even though it is a tube amp, it seems like the Audio GD Reference Dacs share similar sound characteristics.
Thanks Regal, below is exactly what I asked and the actual reply from Kingwa:   1. Would there be any sonic benefit of the Reference 8 or 7 over the Reference 9 if I plan to use only RCA output?   Answer: The RE7 is neutral sound flavor but I don't think its sound ligh. But RE7 and RE8 is balance design, so if applied RCA output, even though all 8PCM1704 work but the half analog output did not work for output. And the sound level, RE7 and RE8 sound a little better...
    According to Audio GD, that is not true. When asked, he replied that the Ref 1,7,8 would still make use of all the 8 chips with RCA output and sound a bit better than the Ref 9.