or Connect

Posts by dxanex

PM sent
I'd love to know this as well. I asked a few pages back with no answer. Google didn't turn up much either.
There will ALWAYS be somebody here that knows more than you. And ears that hear everything better. That much will never change, no matter what you own.
Haha...my wife doesn't know. And she won't know...until the big box from massdrop hits the doorstep. Then I'll tell her not to ask questions this close to Christmas.
Forgive my naivaté, but are warranties not transferable for items purchased through Massdrop?
This is really encouraging to hear, coming from others as well. It sounds like it may actually be a substantial upgrade to the original, more than just a piece of felt. It will be interesting if there are some who prefer the sound of the original over the "S" as more impressions roll in.
 Nice. I'm in. I keep re-reading these early reviews and the wood cups are just too gorgeous to pass up. I really can't wait to get these on my head. I was in the 700's when I jumped in, maybe I'll get #777 and win the Powerball.
I agree, and this is exactly why I'm firmly on the fence now. The HD 650 on the Crack/Speedball could damn near be endgame for many people. The TH-X00 would be a fun "side-headphone" for me, but I'll also never use it as a portable. But knowing that it's at least on the level of a well driven HD 650 isn't making me as excited as I was when I saw the drop hit this morning. I may still cancel while there's still time...Grizzly you may get one step closer to your 0001 edition ;)
I don't really understand what the importance of getting a low serial number is...people really care that much? Do they sound better or something?
Thanks for the insight Jude! I've actually owned the HD 650 twice, and it is indeed a wonderfully scalable headphone so my expectations are now at a more realistic level.Even on the best setups though I've always felt the HD 650 bass could be just the slightest bit tighter. Would you say this is something where the TH-X00 excels?