or Connect

Posts by dxanex

I've been loving these at my office, and their performance at lower volumes. I'm really glad people that said these would have terrible leakage were wrong. On a side note, I've been getting a lot of compliments and interest in these at work just from the mahogany cups. I even let a non-audiophile coworker try them out the other day, and he was floored. I noticed his computer later that day and he was checking out the Fostex website
Now that I've spent some time with the HE-1000 demo, I'd love to try out the Edition X next. 
The HE-1000 have arrived safely. Shame this is turning out to be the busiest possible week for me to demo these, but I'll try to get as much listening time as possible.   Initial out of box impressions:   -Packaging and presentation is slightly underwhelming for a TotL flagship. -Cable is fine, I like that the balanced cable is super long. I love the mini plugs, very easy to connect in and out of headphones. -Headphones themselves are very striking and gorgeous in...
I agree that the pads aren't nearly as bad as people are making them out to be once you rotate them to fit your ears properly...though they do get pretty hot after a couple of hours use.   Actually I dislike the cable more than anything...it's already getting kinked and twisted up real bad near the Y split, no matter how carefully I wrap the cable up. It's way too long for portable use too.
Nice...I love Lana Del Rey. Definitely going to give her new album a listen to on these tomorrow
I've been listening to a lot of Jazz, Metal and Electronic on them.Some standout tracks are Valerian by Kelpe...really well produced track and was the best soundstage I've heard yet on the TH-X00. Fire Forever by Adagio...the double kick drums are just badass. Anything from Bill Evans Trio has sounded sublime.Others were saying the TH-X00 wasn't the best for vocal music but I've very much been enjoying Elizabeth Shepherd quite a lot on these. Her voice is very in your face...
So after around 15 hours of use now the bass is already starting to shape up. I pretty much let them run all day even when they weren't on my head. It's without question becoming tighter and more textured, and I know it's not my imagination...out of the box these things were much more boomy and loose in the low end. The burn-in is definitely real with these. This is also causing the soundstage to open up a little more, and it's really sounding pretty great now.   I'm...
Not to mention all the built in filters on smart phones, and apps like snapseed that can dramatically make to wood grain look to have much deeper contrast/tones than in real life. I can make my cups look bright orange or deep walnut depending on the filter I'm on.   Honestly, though the cups look pretty fantastic no matter how they are photographed.