Posts by dxanex

No, I should have added that it's when they are completely unextended. But I have a small head, so the headband is never extended for me anyway. Guess I just don't even think about it.
  Got the HD 700's today. They look great in person. They are smaller and lighter than the HD 800 and are ridiculously comfortable. I had them on for 2 hours in one sitting and adjusted them like once.   Didn't expect to like them as much as I do. They ain't no HD 800, but they are a completely different beast compared to the HD 650 as well. Treble sounded slightly metallic and artificial at first, but after a few hours with them I really began to appreciate...
  I have to disagree. I'm using my Omega stand to hold my HE-400's and I found that if you keep them perfectly even, the cable just gently lays across the curve of the base. No strain at all as far as I can tell. I keep the cable coiled loosely behind the stand when I'm not using them.    
just remember, guys: righty tighty, lefty loosey. Unless you're holding the headphones backwards   But yeah, I don't see what the fuss is once they are tightened. I've only had to tighten them once. But then, mine usually don't move more than 2 feet from the bookshelf to my chair.
Thanks, Justin! I'm looking forward to trying the HD 700 finally. The opinions on it are all over the map. Guess I can formulate my own opinions soon.
Loved Super. Hugely underrated superhero movie. Loved the scene with the brain surgery/tentacles.Can't wait to see what James Gunn does with a huge budget for Guardians of the Galaxy.
I used to use my K702 pretty much exclusively with classical and film scores, but I'm finding the HE-400 just sounds more musical as opposed to the more analytical nature of the AKG's. Soundstage is still king on the K702, but for pure enjoyment the HE-400 is really fantastic.   The HD 650 is just too laid back for classical IMO, sounds nice but it puts me to sleep in a few minutes flat!
I'm starting to like the HE-400 more than my beloved HD 650. Especially with electronic music and classical.   Only downside is that they are far less forgiving on lossy music than the Senns.   Edit- I haven't lurked here for a while, so sorry if this is redundant!
  Oz: Great and Powerful (2013)   4.5 / 10   Only thing that kept me going all the way through was that it was a Sam Raimi film, but man this movie made Tim Burton's newer stuff look like masterpiece theater. James Franko is a low-rent Johnny Depp in this, and Mila Cunis was laughably bad as the witch. CG was all over the place too, some was decent, other parts looked like they were short on time and had to throw something together in a couple of...
I have a pretty good idea of what the Momentum sounds like, but I have no idea what to expect from the HD 700...and I'm very intrigued!