Posts by dxanex

If you are interested in delving further into Lynch's twisted mind, check out Lost Highway (personal favorite) and Mulholland Drive. If you survive that, check out Eraserhead.
I personally found male and female vocals really great on the HD 700. I'm sure Taylor would sound spunky as ever. I can't say how well the O2 amp would drive them (I believe they are much easier to drive than the HD 800) but I'd also wonder if a tube amp would help to tame the bright high end as compared to solid state.   If anyone is interested here is my full review of the HD 700 based on several days with a demo-   [[SPOILER]]
double post.
I've also been able to spend a lot of time with a demo HD 700 thanks to Justin at Headamp. And as an owner of the HD 650 and HE-400, I must say that I have very much enojoyed them and have definitely surpased my expectations.   My first impression of the build quality was met with skepticism (especially for a $1000 headphone) but once they were on, my skepticism disappeared. I used to think Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs were the most comfortable, but the HD 700 knocks that...
Right, because last I checked Man of Steel broke the records for biggest June opening.   Look, I'm not saying it's not without it's faults, but it's silly for people to be so butt hurt over it just because of the iconic character. It's a summer popcorn flick, and it did it's job. It could have been worse...if you don't believe me, go watch Sucker Punch.
Plot was ridiculous? Uh...have you ever actually read a comic book?
I was referring to his comment about the detailed bass over bloated, which less bloat and more detail make it sound overall brighter headphones to my ears, but if it helps you, then yes the treble is also brighter compared to HD 650. I didn't mean to make it sound like the bass is bright. That's just weird.
DemonFox, at first they actually sounded a little bass light but after time it's clearly evident that they have a lot more detail in the bass than the HD 650, which also gives it a somewhat brighter sound sig. Overall the HD 700 sounds like a faster headphone than the HD 650.I'd have to say if the HD 700 was closer to $500 - $600 range, I'd be quite happy owning it over the HD 650. And I really like my HD 650.
No, I should have added that it's when they are completely unextended. But I have a small head, so the headband is never extended for me anyway. Guess I just don't even think about it.
  Got the HD 700's today. They look great in person. They are smaller and lighter than the HD 800 and are ridiculously comfortable. I had them on for 2 hours in one sitting and adjusted them like once.   Didn't expect to like them as much as I do. They ain't no HD 800, but they are a completely different beast compared to the HD 650 as well. Treble sounded slightly metallic and artificial at first, but after a few hours with them I really began to appreciate...