Posts by dxanex

Just noticed we made the front page on Head-Fi. Someone's got some friends in high places...
Welcome to life. Opinions are like a**holes...everyone has one, and they usually stink.   But this is, of course, IMO.
I don't understand why it seems that stuffing the pads is everyone's initial go-to to try to get them to seal. I found it makes it sound worse and actually makes it harder to get a seal. You're actually pushing the drivers away from your ear and dampening the sound. The original mod has absolutely nothing to do with stuffing anything into anyplace.   Just go to your nearest dollar store, they sell bundles of different size hair bands in the hair isle. It's super...
I agree to some extent, but I also wouldn't want a headphone with weights inside the drivers ;)   It took me a while to get over the cheapish plastic-y feel of the HD650, especially for what they cost. But at least they are solid and are comfy as hell.
Sadness.   So far I'm getting the kinda-general vibe that the K267 are anything but spectacular. I'll wait for more reviews, but for now I'm thinking I'll keep listening and smiling contently with my K550's.
Just curious if anyone has had a chance to compare the HD650 with the Lyr/Bifrost and Bottlehead Crack?   I was at a local meet this past weekend and I tried the HD650 on Crack (no Speedball upgrade) and I must say I was actually floored...definitely lives up to the hype and now I'm ordering my Crack to build soon. It just energized the HD650...bass tightened right up and it was quick and full of life. If my Darkvoice makes them hot coco with marshmallows, the...
I didn't care for Bruno much. Nowhere near the hilarity of Borat. Bruno was mostly gay/penis jokes that usually fell flat (except for the ending which was exceptionally gay and pretty hilarious). Plus, most people were in on the joke in Bruno, and you can tell (you really think Paula Abdul would agree to sitting on a Mexican man otherwise?)   ...that's what made Borat so special...everyone thought Borat was totally for real.
Sadly, I didn't have a chance to try the HD650 on the LaFigaro (even though they were literally sitting right next to each other) but once I heard it on the Crack I was sold, and I seriously doubt the 339 would have changed anything at all.   I used to think that the HD650 sounded great on my Darkvoice 3322, and it still does, but damn that Bottlehead just energizes the HD650...I've never really understood or put much stock into the whole "synergy" thing, but I suppose...
YES. Another Crow fan. LOVE the first one. LOVE IT. Too bad the other movies and TV series sucked beyond comprehension. The one with Eddie Furlong was so bad I actually wanted to punch my TV.
 wow.