Posts by dxanex

My HE-400 have never chipped, but I baby my equipment.   These are probably questions best suited for the experienced owners in the HE-500 appreciation thread, though. You can find a plethora of information there from the pros.
Yup.   I was responding to the ham-fisted generalization that it "spectacularly failed".  I simply proved that to be false.    Anyway...
metal
I have spent only a little time listening to the LCD-2 (second rev.) and even less with the HE-500, so take this at face value...but I can tell you certain things that stick out in my mind-   HE-500 vocals are placed more forward and everything else seemed to blend nicely around the vocals. Bass, from what I remember, is just as natural and detailed. I'd love to spend more time with the HE-500 as I think it would probably give the HD-700 the most run for its...
If you are interested in delving further into Lynch's twisted mind, check out Lost Highway (personal favorite) and Mulholland Drive. If you survive that, check out Eraserhead.
I personally found male and female vocals really great on the HD 700. I'm sure Taylor would sound spunky as ever. I can't say how well the O2 amp would drive them (I believe they are much easier to drive than the HD 800) but I'd also wonder if a tube amp would help to tame the bright high end as compared to solid state.   If anyone is interested here is my full review of the HD 700 based on several days with a demo-   [[SPOILER]]
double post.
I've also been able to spend a lot of time with a demo HD 700 thanks to Justin at Headamp. And as an owner of the HD 650 and HE-400, I must say that I have very much enojoyed them and have definitely surpased my expectations.   My first impression of the build quality was met with skepticism (especially for a $1000 headphone) but once they were on, my skepticism disappeared. I used to think Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs were the most comfortable, but the HD 700 knocks that...
Right, because last I checked Man of Steel broke the records for biggest June opening.   Look, I'm not saying it's not without it's faults, but it's silly for people to be so butt hurt over it just because of the iconic character. It's a summer popcorn flick, and it did it's job. It could have been worse...if you don't believe me, go watch Sucker Punch.
Plot was ridiculous? Uh...have you ever actually read a comic book?