or Connect

Posts by dxanex

These are pristine condition, no scratches or missing paint. Cable is perfect. Comes with box, pleather pads, velour pads, and warranty card. Comes from smoke/child/dust free home. ~30-40 hours use. 4th rev. Purchased new (for $399 last year) Second pair I've owned. Price includes shipping. Please add 3% for PP fees, unless gifted.
Recently picked these up in a lot from a reputable dealer, since that was the best price I could find at the time. Now I have some extras and passing the savings on to fellow head-fiers. They test strong and have thousands of hours left. I've used them in my Bottlehead Crack and yes, they sound excellent!   One top getter- tests 58/74. SOLD One bottom getter- tests 62/79. SOLD   Asking $OLD for each tube shipped if paying Paypal gift. Otherwise kindly add 3% for fee....
I'm really glad to see The Hunt getting so many good review here. It's definitely on my radar now!   Speaking of, anyone here watch the first season of Hannibal? Mads Mikkelsen plays Dr. Hannibal Lecter and he does a wonderful job. I had never heard of that actor before watching Hannibal. Great series, by the way.
58 pages and counting of pure frothing at the mouth.
Ouch, that would be a regretful (and expensive) loss.
 I've also been following the HE-400i / HE-560 announcement, and from what I've read I am cautiously optimistic. If they can fix the weight/ergonomics, which it sounds like they are really focusing on, then that is a big step in the right direction. With a single magnet, it's hard to say how this will effect sound quality over two magnets. If it sounds great, kudos to them! Nontheless, It will be interesting to read the comparisons of HE-400i / 560 vs HD 700.
Unfortunately, it seems the HE-400i will not be present at the preview event in NY this Thursday, unless I've completely missed something. So we'll still have to wait for comparisons between the two new models.   Still, if what Peter says is true, the HE-400i sounds like it could be a game changer at that price range!
 Yes, the more time I've spent with the HD 700 the more glaring the HE-400 flaws have become. After wearing the HD 700 for an hour and putting on the HiFiMan's they are just so damn uncomfortable. Like all I can concentrate on is how they feel, instead of enjoying the music. Even the tizz and treble spike that never really bothered me before is so much more apparent now, even while running it off of my Darkvoice. I'm leaning more and more towards selling my HE-400 every...
 So would it be fair to say that the general consensus is that there's no reason to own the HD 700 once moving up to the HD 800? I am more interested in the HD 800 now that I've been reading positive results from people running it on a Bottlehead Crack... also, it'll be fun to compare the HD 700 and HD 800 on Sonido's Quickie/Bottlehead at the Charlotte meet (if you're coming for sure). I may be building a Quickie myself depending on the results. On the subject of bass, I...
That's not low considering it dropped below $900 NEW on Amazon a few weeks back. But only for a few hours.