or Connect

Posts by dxanex

Just listened to this on the HD 650...Wow indeed!!    
Oh no! I hope it wasn't beyond repair. I did ship one once where one side of the 4K resistors had snapped off. Luckily the buyer had enough skill to use a soldering iron to melt the solder back around it snugly. Disaster averted.
 Pfft, I've built 4 so far and I'd do it for half that. But I'd be afraid to ship it all the way to Finland. God knows what US customs would do to it...
Well it's settled. I've put my HE-400 up for sale. The HD 700 made me do it.
These are pristine condition, no scratches or missing paint. Cable is perfect. Comes with box, pleather pads, velour pads, and warranty card. Comes from smoke/child/dust free home. ~30-40 hours use. 4th rev. Purchased new (for $399 last year) Second pair I've owned. Price includes shipping. Please add 3% for PP fees, unless gifted.
Recently picked these up in a lot from a reputable dealer, since that was the best price I could find at the time. Now I have some extras and passing the savings on to fellow head-fiers. They test strong and have thousands of hours left. I've used them in my Bottlehead Crack and yes, they sound excellent!   One top getter- tests 58/74. SOLD One bottom getter- tests 62/79. SOLD   Asking $OLD for each tube shipped if paying Paypal gift. Otherwise kindly add 3% for fee....
I'm really glad to see The Hunt getting so many good review here. It's definitely on my radar now!   Speaking of, anyone here watch the first season of Hannibal? Mads Mikkelsen plays Dr. Hannibal Lecter and he does a wonderful job. I had never heard of that actor before watching Hannibal. Great series, by the way.
58 pages and counting of pure frothing at the mouth.
Ouch, that would be a regretful (and expensive) loss.
 I've also been following the HE-400i / HE-560 announcement, and from what I've read I am cautiously optimistic. If they can fix the weight/ergonomics, which it sounds like they are really focusing on, then that is a big step in the right direction. With a single magnet, it's hard to say how this will effect sound quality over two magnets. If it sounds great, kudos to them! Nontheless, It will be interesting to read the comparisons of HE-400i / 560 vs HD 700.