or Connect

Posts by dxanex

Funny, the fastest turn around time I ever had for a Crack/Speedball kit shipped to me was when I got one from "the group site that must not be named".
 If you guys start forming conspiracy theories about companies using old technology to take over the head-fi world, I'm leaving and not coming back until these are officially released.
 ^This is interesting stuff. I never planned on spending current prices for the GEC brown base tubes, and I suspected that they would not be that much of an improvement over the TS 5998, expecially for the price. I also didn't think upgrading the volume pot would do a whole lot, but never-the-less I did install an ALPS Japan Blue pot in my current build. I don't know the difference between it and the valab, but its supremely quiet, which I would more attribute to the...
So based on the recommendations on others in this thread I finally decided to test some tube rolling on the Crack/HD 650 and I put a TS 5998 and a NOS Tung-Sol 12AU7 in there. I wasn't expecting to hear a huge difference but these tubes raised the HD 650 to that next level for me. I had one of those rare head-fi moments this morning where my eyes glossed over and I became utterly lost in the music. I swear, I feel like I've squeezed the last bit of detail out of the HD...
lol, no way! She's priceless ;)
Subbed.
Just listened to this on the HD 650...Wow indeed!!    
Oh no! I hope it wasn't beyond repair. I did ship one once where one side of the 4K resistors had snapped off. Luckily the buyer had enough skill to use a soldering iron to melt the solder back around it snugly. Disaster averted.
 Pfft, I've built 4 so far and I'd do it for half that. But I'd be afraid to ship it all the way to Finland. God knows what US customs would do to it...
Well it's settled. I've put my HE-400 up for sale. The HD 700 made me do it.