Posts by dxanex

Looking to upgrade my inventory, but a few things have to go first, sadly.   I am selling my "labor of love" ATH-ESW9 that has been recabled and sounds amazing. Very punchy bass and excellent treble extension, lush and intimate soundstage. The cable is 99.9% pure stranded silver that is enclosed in gold nylon, the plug / y-split are made of real chocobolo wood.     Headphones come with leather pouch and original packaging. The wood cups are in good condition but have a...
Yeah, K550 pads would work :P
I'm not a huge Bay fan, but it's happened in the past. I liked The Rock and Bad Boys. Transformers 3 was entertaining. Pain & Gain is a major step up. It's probably the closest you will ever see to a Tarantino or Cohen Brothers style character driven movie from Michael Bay. It's really that good.I think it shines because he actually used a lot of restraint compared to his.usual tent pole movies and it doesn't suffer at all from it. There's still tons of low angle slo mo...
Pain & Gain No question Michael Bay's best movie to date as well as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's best film performance to date. 9.5/10 Great script, hard to believe it's based on a true story. It's bat-$h1t crazy, especially the third act...
I'm not really sure what you mean by analog tonal...do you mean less digital, and warm toned more like tape or a record? Neither the MSII or II+ are colored at all, very neutral and somewhat dark sounding due to very little noise floor. I also found them both to be warmer than other DAC's I've heard, but again it also varies from recording to recording. Older recordings that were mastered on tape definitely still retain that sound, if this is what your asking. Newer...
I threw a pair of HD 800's at my 3322 at a headphone meet...it sounded good, but I wasn't blown away. HD 800 on a fully balanced RSA B-52 amp blew me away. I don't have a ton of experience with the HD 800, but from what I've gathered they are picky with DACs/Amps. I think the HD 650 is a much better match for the Darkvoice 3322, FWIW...
He is definitely a fantastic director, but his brother wrote both Memento and Inception...I'm sure he had input though.   Edit: Correction, he wrote Memento...Christopher Nolan wrote Inception...my bad!
^^^ Awesome mod, mangler! I'll have to try this one soon... good job
  Thank you for not writing a 10 page review...  ;P   Good to hear a lot of people liking this movie, despite how derivative it is of every other science fiction movie in existence. Definitely looks pretty, gonna check it out this weekend.
  3/10 on story 10/10 on gore   Almost zero CG (just at the beginning when some chick is set on fire) the rest is all practical makup FX and it truly is amazing what they did. So I give the movie total props on that. Just don't expect deep storyline or characters. Fun movie if you like mindless violence like me.   For fans of the original there's a groovy little cameo after the credits too ;)