Posts by dxanex

I agree 100% Jazz sounds excellent on the HE-400. But female vocals will always sound better on HD 650, especially Jazz/Soul vocalists. As for piano trios...most Jazz I listen to isn't that piano heavy, so I guess for me it's a toss up. Eh, just get both headphones and be done with it.
female vocals= HD 650
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug -8/10   Better paced than the first Hobbit movie, much more memorable action sequences too. Cuberbatch once again delivered a fantastic performance as the voice of Smaug. Smaug is also a total badass. Actually looking forward to the conclusion.
The HD 600 and HD 650 are physically virtually identical except the paint job. But yeah, I've never been a big fan of the HD 600's speckled paint myself.
 Nice writeup, ampair. I wish more comparisons used this table format. I'd be inclined to say that the K550 is even more "bang for the buck" as they have about 90% the soundstage (which is truly impressive for closed design) and about 85% the detail of the Q701. And the K550 doesn't need a beefy amp to truly shine unlike the Q701.  I'd say overall the Q701 may have overall better sq, but not leaps over the K550. The Q701 is much grainier compared to the totally black...
Could you be sure and link to the new thread here as well? Thank you!   And looking forward to attending!
Well my HD 700 with custom cable should be arriving here tomorrow (thanks pdrm360!) and I'll officially be a member of the 700 Club. Since we are on the subject of amps, I was wondering if anyone's tried the HD 700 on a Botthead Crack/Speedball?   I will be starting my 3rd Crack + Speedball build next week once my vacation starts. I know very well the magic of HD 650 and Crack/Speedball combo, just curious if the HD 700 pairs just as nicely? Either way I should be able...
I know what you mean! The HE-500 is actually next at the top of my short list. I've only listened to them briefly at meets, but I'd love to get them in my home and listen to them in a quieter and controlled environment. Can I ask what mods you've done on your Q701's? Edit: at the risk of getting off topic, maybe you could PM me?
One of the best things about the HD 650 is it's hugely scalable throughout different setups. A non audiophile friend once plugged my HD 650 directly into his iPhone and said it was pretty good. Then I plugged it into my tube amp and let him listen and his eyes got wide and said it sounded like a totally different headphone. I've sold my Q701 and still have my K702, but the longer I own them the less and less I've been using them. Over time their "faults" have become more...
oops, fixed the post...it's a Dared MP-6. Chinese company, I believe. Don't know much about their products...