Posts by dxanex

Guys, it's real simple-  +  =    Problem solved!
Pre-orders for both open and close backs are up at Moon-Audio.com.... Late March/April delivery according to Moon Audio checkout.
Late March/April delivery according to Moon Audio checkout...
Me best guess would be the HD 850, and sorry guys...looks like another CES, another flagship non-announcement.   http://en-de.sennheiser.com/ces-2015
Anyway it's kind of a moot point for me because as others have stated, I'd never wear these out and about anyway even if they were the stealthiest matte black imaginable. They are too big and heavy for me to consider them "portable". Still, the more I look at the dark veneer the more I like it.
I'm not going to say I hate it, but I am on the fence with the light wood veneer- especially seeing it on Jude's head. The dark wood veneer looks much better IMO, and if it is indeed offered with the open back that's the one I'd go for...
It certainly looks much more comfortable than their previous models...
 +1 come on NC peeps
@kayandjohn You sir have given me a new purpose in life...  [[SPOILER]]
I salivate every time I see a HD 800 with a Colorware job, and I myself have spent at least an hour or two on the site messing with different color combos. I really want to do mine in blue accents to match my Sonnet 2, but it's still hard to stomach $300 for a paint job, plus be without my HD 800 for a few weeks, no matter how nice their work may be... But I'll still probably do it one day, when I'm convinced there's nothing else left I need want out of my headphone...