Posts by dxanex

SOLD.
Jumped on it, thanks for the heads up. I figure I'll compare to my K702 and sell whichever one i like less (even if it's purely aestethics)Great deal considering I happily paid $220 for my gently used K702.
Maybe AKG revised some models, or it's burn in, or I'm just used to it, but I've never felt my K550 to be "screammy" or overly bright...true the treble does spike a bit but I've only heard one track that really pierced my ears and it was a piss poor recording anyway. Give it time, you'll understand them and enjoy them. It may also be because I use them exclusively on tube amps too, I think that helps tame them and smooth out the highs. I find them a wonderful compliment...
Call it the HD 650 HAL edition
  Your best bet is to search through the used headphone sales thread on head-fi. I just picked up a SR80i for $40 with wood cups (!) here a few days ago, they just need to be recabled and use a little TLC...drivers are perfect.
I received my Mad Dogs (3.1 version) and my HE-400 on the same day, and I've spent the past few days listening to them both. I do like the HE-400's better for sure, but that's my personal preference. It's pretty amazing what Dan has been able to do tuning and tweaking the Mad Dogs. As far as bass goes, like MattTCG said in his review, the HE-400's bass may only beat the Mad Dogs by a "gnats eyelash" (maybe a tat more though).   For me the Mad Dogs are just lacking...
+1 there's plenty of other threads to talk about graphs and the science of sound. I forgot this was even the overrated headphones thread...
That's about all I could see myself paying for a LCD-2, honestly...
I just made a trade with a member for some Mad Dogs, and after reading through a few pages I'm really looking forward to hearing them. Is there any way to know which tune up they have, since they are coming with both Dog Pads and Alpha Pads, and I don't know when they were originally purchased?   Also looking to compare them with my K550's, seeing as a few people here seem to not care for the K550 (I personally love that headphone) though I hope the Mad Dogs...
That's a steal for brand new... I'd jump on that but somehow I managed to end up with a HE-400, Mad Dogs and Grado SR80i in a 48 hour period... madness...