Posts by dxanex

Don't worry too much, the HE-400 is still a fantastic headphone. Besides, barely anyone has given the HE-400i a really in depth listen to post any real comparisons to the HE-400. And from very early reports, it seems the HE-400i and HE-560 both have different sound signatures than any previous models, so you may not even prefer it as much as HE-400 anyway. Customs charge does suck though.
Is it only when listening with the HE-400? I've only experienced some slight distortion in the low end on a handful of tracks. And it's mostly on overproduced pop songs anyway, so I suspect it's probably in the mastering. The chorus on Dark Paradise by Lana Del Rey is one example off the top of my head. It gets a tad messy.
Congrats, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with listening to music on Spotify. The difference between Spotify set to high quality and FLAC is marginal and not worth the time and hard drive space needed to amass what you already have available to you now. (I love Spotify, BTW) If it sounds good to you, then enjoy it, don't worry about lossless. The only time I'd consider it is if I upgraded to the HD 800. Luckily the HE-400 is much more forgiving.
Well, I have owned the MK II and MKIII in the past and I can say that while I enjoyed the MKIII's warmth, neither of them had the dead-quiet background or spaciousness of the BHC, at least not with the HD 650. It's been a while, so I can't articulate exact differences, all I can say is I never had the "wow!" moment until I listened to the HD 650 on Crack (even with the stock tubes). Of course, I was running Amperex tubes in my Little Dots as well. Experiences could differ...
Anyone want to go ahead a sell me their HE-500 now? I'll make you a good deal...   Edit: ok, so maybe I'm just joking... Have to read impressions of the new models first.
PM sent. Also, any time frame for pre-orders on the HE-400i or HE-560?   Thanks!
They both look great! Not sure what the wood is on the HE-560. Details are still sparse, but I may place an order and try to get the HE-400i before the meet if possible. Only tidbits I've read suggests that they have a different sound signature as previous models. Someone mentioned they sound more like electrostats. If I can find the quote I'll post a link.
So is anyone planning on bringing the the newly announced HE-400i or HE-560 to the meet?? I'm tempted to pre-order the HE-400i and I haven't even read impressions yet. From my understanding they begin shipping in March... not sure if they would arrive on time, which is a shame.
^ ok, I haven't seen these pics until now. The headband looks much nicer compared to the top-down pic they released yesterday. Actually looks a bit more comfortable to wear.