or Connect

Posts by dxanex

Also, there's a guy in the HE-400 impressions thread, with more pics, that is saying the HE-400i and HE-560 didn't sound like a huge upgrade from the HE-400 and HE-500. He didn't sound terribly impressed. And he was also told the headband is not staying they way they showed it at CES.   http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread/16020
^ Loving this thread! Like watching a pack of hungry wolves!
I've listened to the Senn HE90 a few years ago in Chicago (it was Ray Samuels personal set at ChiUnifi) and I've also heard the Jade Electrostats. From my recollection the Orpheus HE90 had some of the smoothest and luscious mids I've ever heard on any headphone or speakers. Like a level 9,000 Super Saiyan HD 650. It's extremely intimate sound, and the bass was heavenly. Soundstage was good, but felt a little more closed in. Vocals were very forward sounding (and super...
The HD 650 was the only headphone I've owned that I wasn't concerned at all about burn-in because they sounded fantastic fresh out of the box. Whether or not you believe in burn in, it's definitely true that their sound improves very much (scales up) on better sources/equipment more than any other headphone I've owned.
FOUND.
 ^ I'm opposite. I actually think it kind of looks like a Playskool amp. To each his own!
 Had a similar situation, a co-worker was at my house one day and saw my headphone collection on the bookshelf. He asked- "are those better than beats?" I just nodded my head and said "yeah, little bit".
Same thing happened to my wife, she freaked out because she thought she was going deaf in one ear. Turns out it was 85% blocked with compacted wax. Doctor said best thing to do is gently wipe out your ears with a towel every time you step out of a hot shower and peroxide every few weeks. Right now my ears are popping badly from a sinus infection, so listening to music on headphones just hurts right now :(
Really trying to find a Tung-sol brand 5998 tube for my Bottlehead Crack, and can't seem to catch a break. I've tried ebay, but all they have are multiples, and/or they are grossly overpriced. If anyone out there with a spare they are willing to sell, please PM me!   Thanks!
Ahhh Gotcha, thanks guys!