Posts by dxanex

For all the new owners- you really, seriously should invest 10 bucks and get velours. I thought they were great with pleathers, but damn once I put the velours on I haven't touched the pleathers since. In fact, I think I may have lost them.   I wouldn't say they transform the HE-400s into a whole other headphone ...but they do seem to tighten up the bass and create a greater sense of airiness (my guess is they are more firm and push them further away from your head) They...
It wont.
Yeah, for most people it's either you really like the HD 700 sound or you just don't. It's very different from the HD 650, almost opposite sound signature, but once I got used to it I loved it. I don't own them (yet) but they are still the most comfortable that I've tried. I didn't think they were worth $1,000 but after the recent price drop they are looking very attractive to me now. I agree, a HD 650 in a HD 700 shell would be heavenly, though. But this is an HD 650...
I noticed you own some Mad Dogs and you think the HD 650 are the most comfortable? I would pick the Mad Dog in comfort hands down! But that's not to say the HD 650 isn't comfortable...it is comfy, but the clamp can be an issue for some. The most comfortable headphone I've ever put on is by far the HD 700, though.
Great impressions, applaudio! Glad you enjoy them, and now that you've had a taste of high quality headphones there's no turning back!
That's a damn good price for those!
Man I'd love to see a DIY DAC from Bottlehead!I really enjoy my Music Streamer II+ on the Crack/Speedball combo a lot. Completely black background and super detail. I actually heard the combo at a meet and quickly purchased my own. I've also read that the Schiit DACs are also a good match with the Crack. A lot of HD 650 owners like that Schiit.
Cool, maybe if I can click "Add to Cart" within .25 seconds at the start of the deal, I can get on the waiting list like the Beyers! But for serious, do you know which color scheme they are?
Thanks! And perhaps you should try listening to the HE-400 on other gear before you assume that every setup creates ear piercing sibilance
You've been beating us over the head with EQ for your last 50 posts, maybe you could start a HE-400 EQ thread for those that find it beneficial? As for me, I messed with EQ and discovered I like them much better without colorizing them with EQ....