Posts by dxanex

Welp, I was pulled back and forth considering these, then I had the opportunity to snag a LCD 2.2 non-fazor for the same price as the EL-8, so I jumped on it. And I feel pretty darn good about it, too. They will be my first foray into Audeze sound. I still look forward to hearing the EL-8 at a meet sometime. Until then...
Agreed. $2,000 is already a clear threshold for me personally but if these are as good as you and others have said, I'd probably make it happen...anything much more than that, and it will need to sound like the voice of God whispering in my ears to consider it. Or I'll have to wait a year or two for the used ones to come down in price.
If I'm not mistaken I believe the prototype "Z" is housed inside a LCD-X for now, so the design will likely change. Question is will it be a newer design ala the EL-8 or will they stick to the basic LCD design?
Yeah I've tried every mod out there, stuffing, bending, rubber bands...I could get a seal but if I'd move my head even a little the pads would come away from my jaw / ears and drastically reduce the sound quality. Became too annoying, as I can't keep me head perfectly still for more than a few songs!
Actually no, I havent. Do they have more clamp than the k550? I like that they have the inline mic, I could use them with my ps4
If AKG would ever fix the clamp on the K550 to accommodate smaller heads I would love to revisit them one day! Because when I did finally get a proper fit they sounded way better than their price tag would make you believe. Eventually I ended up selling them because it was too much work to get a decent seal, and getting the AKG K240 Sextett instead. They can be found pretty cheap used and I found it to be about 90% the K550. Slightly smaller soundstage and slightly less...
I had the same thing on the mesh of my hd700...same kind of material. I carefully rubbed it off with my finger and it went away. I think it's just some oily residue maybe from the manufacturing process?
From what I've gathered they are using some kind of space age NASA material that measures in the nano-meters for the diaphragm, that is supposed to give it superb clarity and openness to the sound. I'm sure the magnets have been upgraded as well.Edit: and a dash of hype.
Speaking of tubes, has anyone had the chance to try the ridiculously expensive 6n30p-dr in the Sonett 2? The few impressions I have been able to find online are pretty hyperbolic...and this was a few years ago when they were $100 each instead of $250 each
Talk about hype! Now you've got me very excited ...and my wallet shriveling up in pain...