Posts by dxanex

^Lol yeah! Spent a good chunk of the weekend burning it in!   Matt: yes, I paired it with the TS 5998..great results
+1 on the Tesla. Very engaging and really pulls out the smaller details. Definitely worth the asking price. I'd rank it up there with the more expensive Mazda CIFTE.
^ very nice finish...Looks great!
You bring up some valid points, but as I listen to the HD 650 on the Bottlehead right now I also can't help but feel sorry for you  But seriously, I do agree that their showing of "awesome new Momentum colors!!" at CES was disappointing to say the least.
Really good deep bass in this one.
 Fixed that for you.
 Yes. Just my .02- I had zero soldering experience before my first build and I never owned a multimeter. I practiced on a couple of spare wires I had laying around just to see how the solder behaved. The directions are very clear and concise, as long as you pay attention and take your time it's hard to screw up. I only measured half of the connections with the multimeter because I became impatient. So I just turned it on and the tubes glowed and I didn't smell smoke. Maybe...
According to the rep at HFM, they are actually phasing out the HE-400 and HE-500 after the new models are released, so I'm sure there will be crazy good deals on the old models once the new ones come out.
haha, no nothing like that. I've just owned several pairs. One had faulty drivers which I replaced, another I messed up during my very first attempt at recableing. The drivers are cheap enough that it wasn't so bad, though. Good learning experience ;)