Posts by dxanex

I'm really interested in the K812 myself, though it was pretty disheartening to read about issues with the plastic cracking :(   That's pretty uncalled for for a $1,500 headphone. Seems to be a trend lately with AKG, there are a lot of people that have been saying the Tiesto DJ line is built like crap. Lots of issues with plastic breaking and cracking. I wonder, is the K812 built in Austria or their Chinese plant? I never had any issues with my K702...they were...
For those concerned about aesthetics, I totally get it. All of my headphones are on stands on a bookshelf in my living room. So when I'm at home just doing other things, I see them all the time. Friends who come over see them, and ask about them. I really wouldn't want ugly headphones on my shelf   But I also understand that looks don't matter when they are on your head (especially if they sound fantastic!) But I do admire a headphone even more when they look as great...
 Not to mention the HD 700 contains 100% more comfort.
 I still laugh every time I see Jared Leto getting his face smashed in Fight Club, because I always seem to forget that he's it that movie. He was really good in Lord of War. I much prefer Leto as an actor rather than the lead singer of 30 Seconds to Mars.
Since we're talking investment-   HD 650- $291 (Senn Black Friday sale 2012) Crack + Speedball (SB free from that site) $279 TS-5998 tube $65 (because I'm a boss) Tung-sol 12AU7 tube $19 Ebay   Total $654. Wow when I break it down like that, that makes me exceptionally happy considering I haven't even felt the slighted itch of upgraditus in almost a year.
Just an update-   LCD-XC sent today to the next person on the list. UPS, insured for 75% retail, signature required. In case anyone is wondering it cost $37.00 Thanks for the demo, Justin!  
SOLD
The LCD-XC was waiting for me when I got home tonight  I listened to it for about 45 minutes.   Initial impressions- -Very pretty cups, (even came with wax!) -Weight doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would...actually rather comfy -Case it came in smells like a new car -Soundstage very good for closed -Very natural sound -High end gets a little shouty (especially with some jazz trumpets/sax) -female vocals sound heavenly, very intimate and...
Still Available!
The more the merrier, and it's very common to see price tags on equipment at meets. Nice place to haggle for deals ;)