Posts by dxanex

The demo pair I am using right this moment from the HiFiMan tour sounds bright-ish running balanced on the Sonett 2. Again, it varies from track to track.   And I'm digging them more and more...
I gotta admit I'm a little jelly I missed out on that deal. Not that I need them, but that price! Funny a couple of NIB HD 598's have popped up in the classifieds for ~$150. Seems a bit dodgy...
No that's never been an issue for me. It's completely dead silent on my desktop and laptop.
^ HRT Music Streamer II+ ...check out my sig. I use it with all my amps including Bottlehead Crack. I've heard several expensive DACs at head-fi meets and I've never felt the need to upgrade from the MSII+ EVER.
I've always been a HD 700 apologist, still one of my favorite headphones for IDM, but since I've had a lot more time the the HD 800 I've realized that the HD 700 really sounds more akin to a $300-$400 headphone. I could see why people that once paid closer to the original MSRP would have polarizing views of the HD 700. The HD800 really does run circles around it, no question...but the HD 700 does have great bass and I'd argue more comfortable (becuase of its smaller size)....
Careful, you're bound to get a tongue lashing...
^same. Apparently the Canada tour is indeed complete.
Reading things like this is not helping! I have been considering this deal all day, the only thing stopping me is the fact that the last thing I need on my shelf is another friggin' amp!
I was thinking the same thing. With the massively discounted HD 700 last week along with sales across the entire HD line, I wonder if there may be a new flagship (or perhaps a new planar) in the pipeline that they may be getting ready to announce? That would be nuts.
Well to be fair, bdavidson said he just went ahead and bought the HE-560. But now it looks like I'm going to have to mail the East Coast HE-560 to Canada which is probably going to cost much more than I was expecting to pay. Though I can't complain too much, I've been having a great time so far listening to these.