Posts by dxanex

^ I mailed it out on a Saturday, could have been delayed by the winter storm. I tracked it too...scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
Done!  So far I like what I'm hearing...Soundstage is really good, very deep. Nice punchy bass too. Flysweep has been kind enough to let me try out his Mazda CIFTE so I've been bouncing back and fourth  between the two. The bass seems to have more texture with the CIFTE and is really well extended from top to bottom. I'm hearing more sparkle in the high end on the HD 650 with the CIFTE tube as well. The Mazda has this great fluid cohesiveness to the music, really great...
It's a snow day for me here, so I'm just relaxing at home burning in my NOS RCA 6F8G on the BH Crack....nope, definitely isn't sounding boring to me!  
I was thinking the same thing. Back when I lived in Chicago they did a huge raffle at ChiUniFi and it would more than pay for the room plus renting the room for the next year! Of course, the organizers were able to get some serious prizes...one year HiFiMan gave away a HE-500
I've noticed that too. Although lately all my tube rolling has been going on with my Bottlehead Crack!
2+ hours with the HE-400 on?? No. HE series are heavy, bulky and not the best in the comfort area. They sound great, but comfortable is not a word I would associate with them. I'm talking pleather or velour pads.   The K550 was quite comfy, but they did make my ears sweat after the first hour or so (when I had a perfect seal).
I'm really interested in the K812 myself, though it was pretty disheartening to read about issues with the plastic cracking :(   That's pretty uncalled for for a $1,500 headphone. Seems to be a trend lately with AKG, there are a lot of people that have been saying the Tiesto DJ line is built like crap. Lots of issues with plastic breaking and cracking. I wonder, is the K812 built in Austria or their Chinese plant? I never had any issues with my K702...they were...
For those concerned about aesthetics, I totally get it. All of my headphones are on stands on a bookshelf in my living room. So when I'm at home just doing other things, I see them all the time. Friends who come over see them, and ask about them. I really wouldn't want ugly headphones on my shelf   But I also understand that looks don't matter when they are on your head (especially if they sound fantastic!) But I do admire a headphone even more when they look as great...