Posts by dxanex

Still Available!
The more the merrier, and it's very common to see price tags on equipment at meets. Nice place to haggle for deals ;)
whoa, that is one fancy crack...
Wow, fans of Salvation are a VERY small minority. Sure it had its flaws, but there was some interesting stuff there that expanded the terminator universe, and a lot of nods to T1 and T2 if you pay attention. I liked it so, so much more than T3, which Ahnold couldn't even save. T3 just plain sucked more than words could ever express. Of course, T2 is the greatest there will ever be. 
Welcome to the Jungle - 7.5/10 Van Damme is one of my guilty pleasures, so it was fun to watch him ham it up in this. Van Damme plays a caricature of himself and seems to have a blast doing it. He doesn't do anything like the "epic split" but he does punch a tiger in the face.   Movie has a lot of penis/sh*t jokes but overall there were more than a few scenes that I found genuinely funny and made me bust out laughing. Pretty solid performances overall for a low-budget...
 I'm really looking forward to auditioning the HD 800 on my Crack at the upcoming Charlotte meet. The HD 650 is certified BAD ASS with the Crack/Speedball and even more so with the Tung-Sol 5998. I never put to much stock into tube rolling until I tried it with the 5998, and man, it's definitely noticeable. Like I said in my previous post, I've never heard the bass sound as tight and punchy on the HD 650 on any setup. Mids sweet and silky smooth, soundstage is phenomenal....
Ha, am I the only one that got a used E7 that's holding a charge??
Yes, I read that as well. I was more referring to whoever told grizzlybeast that it sounds more like a HE-400. But Peter did also point out that whomever has heard the HE-400i at this point has not heard the final product. Changes can still happen, I for one agree that I'd love a HE-500 sig with HE-400 bass.
The misinformation that's circling these new models is staggering. Truth is, nobody knows what the HE-400i sounds like for sure, as they are still tuning them (from the horses mouth). All speculation, folks.
 I think you'd like the RS1 then. I found them much smoother and a lot less bright than the SR325. I believe someone at the Charlotte meet is also bringing an RS1, so you'll get to try both! HD 800 is great, but if I owned it, I would still keep my HD 650 for sure...they are VERY different headphones.