or Connect

Posts by dxanex

Thanks I love how it came out too, looks great in person now that it's dried completely. I thought about using paper or masking tape to try and keep the lettering, problem is the font is so small that it would be extremely difficult not to get paint on some of the letters. I made the decision to paint over them completely and I actually really like the all-black "stealth" look.  There are some places that sell tiny heat-transfer letters for small scale models like...
Yes. Or return it and get the HD 800S. To me the change is well worth it.
It sounds like FiiO is just letting people buy the DAP and whatever module suites their needs at a discounted price.... If you're spending that much money, you should have already done your research and know which amp module you need. This isn't rocket science 
SOLD
Need to let these go. Excellent condition, comes in box and new memory foam velour HM5 pads. Stock pads are gone.Smoke/dust free home. Black drivers, price firm. Includes shipping to CONUS and paypal fees.
The 6kHz never bothered me a bit either...BUT the benefits of the mod was still very apparent to me. The warmth and added weight to the low end is quite nice, after a few days living with it and I wouldn't want to go back. I've owned and demoed several flagships during my head-fi journey. I've owned the HD-800 twice because I always knew they were special. These are keepers for sure.
Thanks, and I guess I should have stressed more that the only reason for the full disassembly was simply because I wanted to paint the headphones stealth black and NOT because of the mod. I have never been able to find another video showing a full disassembly of an HD 800 so I included it. To install the mod you really need't take anything apart. As far as I can tell the creatology ring is flush with the top. When I placed them, it felt like it was touching the bottom but...
You're absolutely right, and thanks a lot, Sorrodje. Apologies, when I uploaded the video it was very late here and I had every intention to give credit after linking to the Inneerfedelity article. I understand that this is probably "old hat" to the true stars of head-fi, I just did it for myself and thought I'd share a video just in case a few people may be interested in seeing it done. 
So I got bored this past weekend and decided to try and turn my HD 800 into an HD800S with the Superdupont resonator mod, if anyone is interested I made a thread with the tutorial. (Spoilers- it sounds awesome)   http://www.head-fi.org/t/808044/my-haphazard-journey-into-turning-a-sennheiser-hd-800-into-a-hd-800s-with-the-superdupont-mod-and-paint  
As the title suggests, I had on older pair of HD 800's and decided to attempt to turn it into (almost) an HD 800S. Click video to see how I did it using the "SuperDupont" mod. It came out better than I expected, and I'm very pleased with the results!    Special thanks to Tyll's article and video as a jumping off point for this tutorial. Also a big thanks to Sorrodje for his work at tweaking the mod. The entire point of this video was only to show that even a...