Posts by postrock

Beyerdynamic DTX-501p. This is a fantastic headphone in its' own right, but especially well suited for travel / communting. Lightwieght, comfortable, great isolation, and refined sound. My full review on these will be posted soon.
Yes, they are. The HM3 and f38 are identical to the FA-004 except the Incipio uses a different (and probably better) material on the earcups. I'll be reviewing the HM3 in a shootout review later this month. It's a great value, but the Incipio is even less $$. These seem to be the only versions available in the US but these are also sold in Europe as the Ace MP-68, MC Crypt DJ-50, and the Maxell Retro DJ.
Spot on, my full review of these will be up in a few days. I haven't heard the K450 but the Beyer smokes the K430 in all aspects. I agree that it has the Beyer sound sig. And yeah, the looks and materials are a bit pedestrian compared to the high-end models, but the fantastic SQ and comfort more than make up for that. I'm really glad to see Beyerdynamic get it right and finally have an entry in the compact portable segment that is worthy of the name and reputation. Most...
So, I did hear back from AIAIAI's P.R. firm it they are saying that a revision was done that involves the earcup material and also the headband. But also the newer version has not hit the states yet. So, it looks like I got the original and I just have not as much of a problem as others have. It's very strange, I feel that there is a "sweet spot" in term of positioning and it's not at all easy to find, but when I have it right there are almost no seal problems at all and...
  Hey warrenpchi,   I haven't heard the original 33 1/3. Eskuche says they upgraded some components, but I don't know if this includes the drivers. For the most part this model is not the budget surprise that the Kassette is. It can sound dull at times, and also peaks in certain midranges. I couldn't even say mine have a V-sig because the highs are so rolled off. It's an ok "fashion" headphone and the kids that buy them from UrbanOutfitters, etc. probably won't care - but...
No problem,   The sub-bass on the dubstep track is adequately punchy and clean sounding but these are not going to sound like a Beats or ATH-M50 with techno and dubstep. They're also a lot more revealing so there's a trade-off.   Keep in mind that I listened to these through the standard headphone out and soundcard from my laptop and YouTube audio files are not always the best...   The DTX-501p is most impressive with vocals, whether male of female. There is great...
Sure...both are more or less brand new models so there aren't a lot of reviews available.   They're a little different price-wise, the RHA SA-950i should be selling at about $60 USD and the Beyerdynamic DTX-501p is going for $99 USD. (I'm doubtful that the price on these is going to drop as happened with the DTX-300)         The SA-950i pair that I have is still in the burn-in process so I don't want to say anything too definitive about SQ. They are really lightweight...
Update on my pending reviews...   I've been working on these for some time and the sheer number of headphones has caused it to take a bit longer than I expected to complete. I've decided to break them down into groups and I will post those in new threads very soon.   The first roundup will feature 10 headphones that are roughly in the $100 USD price range. These include:   AIAIAI Capital Beyerdynamic DTX-501p California Headphone Company Laredo German...
I have a review pair coming this week. I'll post my intial impressions here and should have the full review done in a week or two...
I have a review pair coming this week. I'll post my intial impressions here and should have the full review done in a week or two...