Posts by sennheiserhd485

One of the best.  
I am torn between the two. I keep seeing that the DT880 has recessed mids, and I don't want that. The HD600 seems to have veiled highs, and I like a little sparkle in the top end. It doesn't seem like either of them are for me, but they seem like the most recommended in that price range for value.   In your opinion, does the HD600 sound veiled to you? I like for drum cymbals to be VERY clear, and sizzly. That is one of my favorite parts of music. I would be using a Dynalo...
Here's my Swiss Legend Tungsten T8010-55:  
It would help if we knew what kind of sound signature you prefer.   Do you like treble, neutrality, or bass?
Do you like treble, neutrality, or bass?   We can point you in the right direction if you give us your sound signature preference.
Tell us a little about the sound signature that you might be looking for.   Do you like treble, neutrality, or bass?
I actually find the AD700s very bright. My ears get fatigued after a few hours.
I have the AD700s, and I think that they are excellent for some types of music. They really don't have much bass impact, but you can hear the bass notes, and the bass is well controlled.   The AD700s have a very wide soundstage, but it doesn't really have much depth to it. I still find this type of soundstage enjoyable.   Could I ask what you mean by "stale"?
I am hoping for HD600s and a nice SS amp to go with them!  
Are the HD600, or the DT880 600 ohm more neutral?