Posts by sennheiserhd485

This is a very complete response. Thank you for taking the time to write it! :)
If I am using Grado SR-60i headphones, will an amp/DAC combo (such as the JDS Labs C5D) make a noticeable improvement to SQ over a typical Android phone or iPhone headphone jack? It seems listening tests have been done (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733-19.html) where it's impossible to tell the difference between cheap and expensive DACs. And since the Grado SR-60i is only 32 ohms, I am not confident that an amp is needed. Yet it seems a large...
*Gentle bump* No one has any ideas for me? :( Before Zune was turned into Groove Music, I could download unlimited music to my non-internet mp3 player by use of a USB cable. The service was $10.00 per month and considered itself a subscription. It seems now that you MUST have a device with internet connectivity or you won't be able to use any subscription service. I personally think this is absurd since mp3 players (non-internet) typically sound far better than internet...
 Thank you!
Hello everyone, I've always assumed that noise cancelling headphones are highly inferior to all else (regular closed and open) because of interference or feedback. There's a tone in the ones I've heard, and they're usually the sheer opposite of detail or crispiness. I'm wondering if passive style noise cancelling will eliminate this problem. Passive allows the interference to be cut on and off, correct? I hardly know anything about passive or active, but I prefer that the...
Hello everyone, I've spent many years greatly satisfied with both the Zune and Xbox Music subscription passes, but it seems when Groove Music came along, the ability to use the subscription with my Zune 120 MP3 player ended. So naturally, I looked at other subscription services, and it seems literally all of them require you to have a compatible device that has Internet capability, which my Zune 120 does not. So I am wondering if anyone knows of an unlimited music...
Hello everyone,   I own a Zune 120 and I use the Zune Pass music subscription with it. To my knowledge, there is no way to get a portable amp to work with this Zune. Because of that, I am limited to low impedance headphones. I am currently using the Grado SR-60i, which I consider to be about the best portable headphone (but definitely still just an "entry"headphone [as opposed to mid-fi or summit]). But I was recently introduced to the Philips Fidelio X2 headphone, and...
Hello everyone,   I own a Zune 120 and I use the Zune Pass music subscription with it. To my knowledge, there is no way to get a portable amp to work with this Zune. Because of that, I am limited to low impedance headphones. I am currently using the Grado SR-60i, which I consider to be about the best portable headphone (but definitely still just an "entry" headphone [as opposed to mid-fi or summit]). But I was recently introduced to the Philips Fidelio X2 headphone, and...
  Headroom has the newest batch.
  Everything is great, now. I installed another driver to use with it.