Posts by fizban007

Just placed an order on Rakuten.co.jp. The list price was 14,076 yen, but somehow they only charged me for 12,767 yen, and that's just about $150 including the 2500yen shipping to US. Did I get a deal or something?
Hopefully I'm not too late to throw in my two cents and a couple of real-life stories.   I've been using the 840s for near 3 years now, and it's part of my office rig. I like its sound signature, with forward and very smooth mids, and not too much bass. This, of course, ties to my music preference, as I mostly listen to female vocals and pop songs. For classical music I use my home rig which is HD600 + Nuforce HDP (recently upgraded to HE-500). But I sometimes still...
Hi Terja, thanks so much for your suggestions and picture! Your sleeved cable looks very nice! I see what you mean now. However it looks like my problem with the TRS end is of different sort, since my cable has 1/4" jack, even after trimming the plastic it will still be very hard to sleeve the techflex through it. I guess technically I could order some 1/4" techflex, but I think that will make the cable too fluffy...   Anyways, I've been quite busy lately so guess...
Hi Terja how did you thread the 1/8'' techflex past the TRS jack? I was in the same situation as OP and bought about 20ft of 1/8'' techflex, but found myself struggling for quite some time but still couldn't squeeze the sleeves past either the jack or the headphone connection (the part that connects to the headphone). I halted the project for fear of damaging the cable. Are you sure you were using the 1/8'' techflex?   Also to the Quoam, did you successfully sleeve...
Hi,   This is my first post here at Head-fi, although I've been looking around here for headphone advices for a couple of years. Because of the reviews here, I bought a Shure SRH840 last year along with a uDac which connects to my laptop. I still like the sound of SRH840 and have not regretted purchasing it. Now I'd like to find an amp to go with it, as many people mentioned that this headphone performs best when coupled to a good amp. That was also the reason I...