or Connect

Posts by ardilla

I love HE500 and Taurus with female voices, very intimate, natural and warmish sounding, yet detailed nuanced and  punchy. It gives you the feel of a real live event at a concert scene or club with good audio equipment.  Every Taurus owner should have a HE500. They are made to be! I think the HD800 gets too clinical sounding with most amps, including the Taurus.  But "clinical" is often relatively better with classical than other music. 
 I find the hd800 needing a warmer sounding amp than the Taurus. Taurus runs good with most, but the HD800 is a special case. Some like it very much with the Taurus, I don't. The LCD3 is great with it, though. . To mention some alternative good matching headphones for the Taurus: HE500, (especially great!) HD650 and HD700. What kind of sound are you seeking?
 Excellent term. That's what good CS is about. 
 Is this a mkI? I think they had this problem in 110V regions with the first version, and that was the main reason they made the mkII.  I have never had such issues with my mkI in a 230V environment. 
 Well - you ordered a custom built version..... The unpatient should always go for stock .P
 Because they are busy making low-cost high-end stuff ,)
 I don't agree. The Mjolnir is very neutral and revealing. 
Audio Valve has made  their "Impedancer" and "Verto" fir their headphone amps to work with speakers etc. Don't know if it'll work well with the m9, though, and it's pricey
 I think the HD700 is a total bargain at the new pricepoint, and use it more than the HD800 and other more expensive headphones. 
 Using the search-this-thread function ion "sparkle" it seems that user "arcticnoise" mentioned this a couple of times.  I read this solely as a positive thing. Treble should be smooth. Edgy treble is often descriebed as sparkly. Some like disorted treble, though ,)