Posts by ardilla

Unfortunately - but I am very eager to give it a listen - it certainly is an interestnin product.  You have the Lcd-3 - what is it with the Tauus that makes you want to go for something else?
 I've read a comparison somewhere that they are on the same level, but M9 slighlty warmer sounding, GSX "rawer" sounding - if I remember coorect. It is a very neutral and natural sounding amp.  I generally think the  notion of "wire with gain" is a less useful expression (even though it is widely used) - but I assume you mean "neutral with low disotrion" - which it certainly is. 
Haven't heard the CS600, but the CS300 is stunning with both Audezes, I would certainly go for the LCD3 if money is no issue. I see you have the HD650 - that should indicate that you'll enjoy the LCD3. FWIW. 
 Grado actually initially named their models after USD price, if I am not mistaken
 I like the M9 better for both, actually M9 is probably among the best I have heard for both of those cans so far.  Taurus is a very good amp, but sometimes it  gets slightly on the bright side with some cans.  The M9 has a better synergy with some brighter cans like especially the HD 800, in my ears. 
 I think depth is one of the strongpoints of the m9...   
 I find the HD500 quite good with the V200 - so that is strange. Do you like the HE500 on other amps? I am not alone in experiencing the LCD-3 - V200 combo a bit dull, and I am not alone in regarding the HE-500 and v200 a good match. But the V200 is a bit dark-ish. I love it, but then I am on the dark side... 
 Not sure - hope someone else can answer this for you.  Here's the manual - http://schiit.com/public/upload/PDF/mjolnir_owners_manual_2_1.pdf
 Was this with the LCD-3? The V200 has some kind of dismatch with the LCD-3, and it is not a fair comparison. With LCD-X (and most headåphones) the V200 is great and I would say it has a sound signature close to the M9  Totally on the spot    The M9 is the best SS amp I have heard. Wether it really is significantly better than the  V281 (I have only heard (and own)  the V200) with the LCD-X is hard to tell. I would think the balanced V281 is a great match with the LCD-X......
 A downside here is that you cannot mute the pre-outputs, so you have to turn off your poweramp or active monitors..