Posts by ardilla

Basically yes. It is important to have balanced input since the the amplification is balanced, but after the output transformers it is single ended and the balanced outputs are for convenience.
What else is known about the Aries?
So how would you describe what you hear - and what amps have you compared the Taurus with using the HE6?
I have tried several high quality speaker amps (and headphone amps) but my Taurus mki bests them all. I think Taurus is worth getting for the HE6. And vice versa.
 My impression is that the hum varies - may be due to local AC conditions.  However, it seems that is prone to humming with high impedance headphones. Haven't tried many speakers, but y unit didn't have a noticable  hum with the Klipsch RF82 (98dB) http://www.klipsch.com/rf-82-ii-floorstanding-speaker - which was a great pairing, I must add - abolutely reccomended as a budget speaker option for the Leben.  However - with very sensitive speakers (>100), most amps will have...
Great! Are you using rca clear-tops?
^ Have you tried multiple extension cables in series? Maybe the sound will improve even more ;-) Seriously, only guess I have is that it might have to do with electrostatics being high voltage, and that this will affect how the signal is affected in a cable. I know digital coax cables are argued to be better if they are a couple of meters due to matters of reflection, so shorter isn't always better.
 You can run STD mode on both - so basically a 4pin is more flexible. I prefer both - according to the genre, recording etc. Basically the STD mode is smoother. 
 I would think the HE-6 would suit you well - it has a quite different and more punchy presentation, while still having the detail and openness.