or Connect

Posts by ardilla

So - how do they sound relative to each other? 
 Nah - I have tried pressuring and lifting the cups while music is playing, but the difference is still there. Pads feel and look similar. I might try swapping them just to be 100% sure. 
I have currently two HD800's in my posession. One is serial 16XXX, the other is 28XXX serial. They sound pretty different for identical headphones. The 28XXX is a bit fatter, bolder, bassier, mids more up front - while it is loosing some of that exceptional soundstage wideness in comparison to the 16XXX. The 28XXX sounds louder too when comparing them side by side I have to adjust the volume to feel they are leveled. Both are good, and actually - if you are a headphone...
 Is the GS-X mkII you are reffering to?
What speakers do you have - can you bi-amp? Run the 500MB for the bass only?
 No problem. How was it interesting? What kind of flavor did you get?
 Very true. Then they could have replaced the TRS with another 4-pin - so you could run rwo 4-pins as well.  Hey  - that'd be something you can custom order! 
 Tyll Hertsens, who introduced the dual 3-pin XLR have kind of publicly asked forgiveness from headfidom for doing so. 4-pin will serve you just as good.  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/canjam-rmaf-2014-showstopper-sonys-proposed-new-industry-standard-headphone-plugs
 I think it is just a passive pre-amp-out. 
 Word.  It is like when you have a great sounding rig - the first thing that comes to mind is "This sounds so good that I  need to upgrade ASAP!"