Posts by ardilla

^ I really wouldn't recommend the V200 with the LCD3, unless you are really into laid back sound. Maybe it is a different thing with tFazorzor version, but my LCD3 gets a bit too dark with the V200. Not bad, but somewhat dull.
Well, I felt it had a similar sound signature. But as I said, I didn't have them side by side, and memory is always unreliable in such matters.But I got to compare them both directly to both v200 and Taurus, and in that comparison both Mjolnir and Conductor had some similarities. A major difference is that the mojo does a decent job with the HE 6, the Conductor doesn't.
3It doesn't add anything, but is slightly smooth, as well as neutral and detailed. If you like neutral, it is not a bad choice. From memory, it kind of reminds me of Mjolnir, except having better image depth.Still preferring WA22 and CS300XS, but hey, those are also more expensive. And they lack a DAC. I found the onboard DAC quite good.Still preferring the Taurus to the Conductor overall, but I tend to like variation, so I had no problem appreciating the Conductor 😊😊
I've had the Burson Conductor on loan for a while, and it sounds great with the LCD3. Very nice imaging especially, quite neutral yet nice and smooth.
I do, the Taurus is very capable :-)
 True - but at low levels you also need the bass to come through... without overshadowing the mids.. it is a tricky game. But I have the T1, which is really quite bright - they are good for low level listening, and terrible for loud listening. Still - they fatigue me more at low levels than the Audezes or Hifimans or HD650 does at higher levels... 
 I like the HE-6 on the Taurus quite a lot too :)
 I haven't heard them, but generally it is very hard to speculate because phones change with the volume. Many cans sounds sub par at lower volumes (like Audeze e.g.) Volume preference and volume specific performance might also explain why people's impressions differ so much around here (in addition to all the ther variables, of course)
FWIR Grado ps500 is less bright than the rest of the pack. If you want a fun, detailed headphone, try a well amped Hifiman HE500 :-)
 Why does he say that? How would it matter if RCA and XLR inputs are connected? Is it because the source's ouput will be affected?  As I have understood it, the Audio gd internals is a current-signal system (as opposed to the normal voltage-signal system) - and the ACSS is a current signal transfer wire used only (?) by Audio gd (though others have done similar things before). Anway - using RCA or XLR implies having to convert the signal to voltage and back, so the ACSS...