Posts by ardilla

I would think the HE-6 would suit you well - it has a quite different and more punchy presentation, while still having the detail and openness. 
 Just be careful where you stick your fingers... 
Been listening to the LCD-3 with the Cary SLI-80 Sig lately. Really, really nice. Sublime. 
 I had no problem with that. But you can of course open up your amp to look for yourself ,)
 Yup. I find the Taurus to better the Mjo especially in image depth - and it has richer highs, slightly more punch. It just feels more precise. The Mjolnir is very good with the LCD-3 but the Taurus is just better when compared side by side. 
^ I had no problem finding them :)
 Great to hear that - Actually - I haven't tried that combo yet - but I sure will!  
 Haha - well - you should never spend more on audio than you can afford. A great system doesnt have to break the bank, and you definetly don't always get a subjectively more joyful experience from spending more.  Auditioning at home is always a preferred option, but then again - if you get a great 2nd hand deal - you can alays pass it on to someone else :) BTW - aesthetics is not irrational ,)
 I have no issue with hum except on high impedance cans (like the HD800). It is however, my all time favorite with the HE500 - and it drives the HE-6 very good from the speaker tabs via HE adapter (unless you are into hardcore and dubstep) so I wouldn't say it underpoweres most of your cans ,) There are only a few users that experience hum issues, so I wouldn't be too anxious. Listening to it with the LCD-3 and it is simply gorgeous =) 
 Seems like they made all the discrete sections integrated, but that dosen't have to make it sound any different - just streamlines production. If Project86 can't tell the difference, I would say nobody can ,)