Posts by ardilla

Very true. Then they could have replaced the TRS with another 4-pin - so you could run rwo 4-pins as well.  Hey  - that'd be something you can custom order! 
 Tyll Hertsens, who introduced the dual 3-pin XLR have kind of publicly asked forgiveness from headfidom for doing so. 4-pin will serve you just as good.  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/canjam-rmaf-2014-showstopper-sonys-proposed-new-industry-standard-headphone-plugs
 I think it is just a passive pre-amp-out. 
 Word.  It is like when you have a great sounding rig - the first thing that comes to mind is "This sounds so good that I  need to upgrade ASAP!"
rectifiers
pm sent :)
 What do you mean "basically"? Is there any crackling, noise etc? Most common problem is just dust and corrosion on the internal switches blocking the electrons from moving freely. Electrons  do not like that and refuses to move. Spray some cleaner, like Caig Deoxit D5 in there - it is all open, it seems :) 
 So - you are saying that good XLR cables sound better than audio-gd's ACSS?   How did the Double Helix cable come out then?
That's why TNT is bringing me some cables as we speak. But seriously I do not expect much of a differencedifference, punit seems to support this expectation. A true balanced amplifier having to give unbalanced output requires more compromises than converting from voltage to current signal. 
 Second that. Have you not heard the M9 balanced, you havent really heard it. Not that it is bad unbalanced, just even better...