or Connect

Posts by ardilla

You are probably right about that. The hum is stronger in the channel that has it's otput transformer closer to the main transformer.  Here is a cure suggested by Kevin Gilmore... I have not gotten around to try it (yet), it requires some skills: http://www.head-fi.org/t/686511/magnetic-shielding-of-trafo-inside-leben-amp
Thanks - I'll be getting one of those - nice to have =)
 It is nice with the HE-6 - but you can do better. Bass is tighter on more powerful amps. 
 I have tried flipping the schuko for the Leben and other stuff, with no result. But never tried to get all right at the same time.... However - if I unplug everything else, and try plugging in the Leben both ways (with the schuko)I should hear a difference - if my hum issue is about polarity - rigt? Also - you have a link to that tool you are using - or a similar one?
 So you are saying that everything in your house must be check for polarity - or just the hifi-stuff?
I have not tried any of that, I might be getting a DC filter, I think, but mostly I don't bother since I have different amps for the high imp headphones. Local power does seem to vary on such things, I have only tried it three places in the same area of my home town, so I shouldn't generalize, I am under the pression that 230v users such as myself are more at risk for hum than 110v.
 HD650 is not for people who prefers the treble to be highlighted. To me it sounds like you want the HD600. Someone should tell Apogee that they are wearing the HD800 backwards in their Apogee ad, haha:  
Exciting. Any clues about pricing?
Mighty beautiful!
Glad you got something out of it Unfortunately, I haven't rolled enough tubes to be certain I have squeezed all the greatness neither of these amps surely can offer, but I do feel they have different characters. I'd love to see those dual 596 in my Cary, though..