or Connect

Posts by ardilla

I think all of us like what Audeze is doing, their headphones, their constant effort to make their headphones better.    But, I don't think they realize that some customers might be offended by not getting the latest headphone revision when actually buying one brand new at full price. In addition to the confusion on forums like this caused by the confusion (but at least it gives us something to talk about ,)..    Just checked the Audeze webiste, and all I could find...
 Totally agree on that, as I already mentioned earlier in this thread .) I don't really see why Audeze keeps up the "secret revision" policy. Only thing might be that dealers would loose some money iif Audeze made their revisions more obvious, because dealers might have a problem selling the versions they have stocked at full price. But customers should matter more, they don't like not getting what the think they get - as manpowre is an example of. 
 I don't think anyone who commented on this actually did NOT welcome the changes. They just want them to be communicated to the consumer ,) Some reasons for giving models version numbers: 1) Enthusiasts can discuss and compare apples instead of apples and pears and oranges.  2) Customers can see what they buy. People risk listening to a demo in a store, buying what they think is an identical product but getting a different version.  3) Reviews can be judged by the model...
Other manufacturers sometimes do changes without renaming yes, but when it comes to number of significant changes per time unit I would be very surprised if anyone is even close to Audeze. I love their headphones but not their naming policy.
 I own 3 pairs of Audeze's so far (2,3,X) so consider me a fan ,) I am not against them making better or more fail-proof versions of their headphones, I just would like them to tell their customers that this years LCD-2 is not the same as last years and will sound very different (in the cases where it is a major change). People might listen to an Audeze headphone, then order it 6 months later - and they get a different sounding headphone. Also - since most of their...
I must admit I always found Audezes practice of changing the sound of their headphones without changing the model name, if only for a mk1, 2 3, 4 etc , quite annoying and not very respectful towards their customers. . EDIT: I don't argue against making things better or more durable or whatever the reason for adjusting the headphone - that's all fine, I just would prefer it to say on the box which version you buy. And for the record I am a great fan of Audeze. Just hoping...
I think some might criticize this amp on the wrong terms. This it what it is: 1) A great small speaker amp for sensitive speakers 2) A very good headphone amplifier for low impedance headphones. If you need both these functions, it is a great choice. As a headphone amplifier alone, some might find it twice as expensive as dedicated headphone amps performing at the same level, but that's subjective. For some it is worth it, others prefer other stuff. It is a piece of grear...
 Thanks for your feedback. I'll keep that in mind =) 
 Never tried the speakers output, no - did you? I think the Leben is very nice with the AKG, but as I write, the Questyle is clearly better.