Posts by ardilla

About 3 AM, if I remember correctly. HE6 sounded underpowered to me on the Conductor, even if the volume was there. Unlike the V200, which is quite good with HE6, even if you have to turn up the volume button quite a bit. But again, the potentiometer-o'clock-test isn't always telling the whole story.
11-12 oclock. I tried Burson Conductor and liked it quite a lot, but for the HE6, Taurus is in a totally different league.
 This is because the Taurus uses current limiting to avoid the output to become dangerous for the amp, headphones and the listener.  Regardless of that chart, the power hungry HE6 sounds better in balanced mode, so I suspect the current limiting is done in a way that primarily affects continuous RMS, or at least gives plenty of room for short term voltage swing (no idea how, though) I also find the Taurus better than the 8 Watt Mjolnir for HE-6, along with several speaker...
The words came out a bit confusing, sorry. I am trying to say the same as you.
Indeed, the M9 is not hiding anything. It is maybe wrong to call it dark, it is simply put just not a bright amp, it ain't adding treble intensity... (Edit )
 I wouldn't call it warm, but rather ever so slightly darkish compared to some other amps, like the Taurus. But yes, it is better described as neutral. It is a very revealing amp. Love it. 
I have tried several speaker amps of good quality with the HE6, and always preferred the Taurus.There is always something slightly better out there, but some headphone amps like Taurus or the M9 actually plays the HE6 to a level where has become one of my absolute favorites.
Ain't it fun funny that no one ever seems to have done a good comparison between one of the great HE6-speaker-amps and great headphone amp amps like the Taurus or the Master 9?
Well, the M9 drives all my headphones to a very, very satisfactory result, including the LCD3 and the HE6. I haven't heard the X on the M9, so I cannot help you with anything but that the LCD 3 is really good with it, and that the X and the 3 sounds quite similar in general, the 3 giving a slightly darker and smoother feeling. If you have the shelf space, the M9 is a bargain. And it comes with a 10 year warranty :-)