or Connect

Posts by ardilla

I realized my local dealer/importer offers the upgrade plan as well. Might be something to check out for others, to avoid problems with customs. But be quick, the offer soon ends.. They must be selling replacement pads at some time.... This reminds me of when Audeze refused to sell LCD3 pads to non LCD3 owners... Except refusing v1 owners the new pads, THAT I agree would be "pissing in their face" Let's hope for more it's a matter of supply. I take it for granted that the...
That's the other side of this. When they have a better product, they of course want to sell it as you say. But headfi didn't move so fast before and frankly the comparison with the car market is a bit unfair. Cars are slightly more advanced... Many people make their purchase calculating in the resale value. As an enthusiast I prefer that the companies offer mature products at launch and keep them the same for longer periods, like Sennheiser, Beyer, AKG do.
 I'm a HE1000 v1 owner .) I don't like that they did this, it annoys me too. They are dependent on a functioning 2nd hand market, and should be aware of that - as should other manufacturers too. 
I don't think they are "pissing V1 owners in the face". However, if I was unclear, I am a bit annoyed by overly frequent update cycles as well. But Hifiman is not the only one doing this, and I am more annyoed with Audeze in this regard. That Sennheiser choose to price the HD800/s as they do has solely to do with economics. They go for scale, and sell more. That's how it works. But hey - I'd like high end headfi stuff to be cheaper too :) And BTW - I prefer the HE1000 to...
As annoying as it may be for us who bought the HE1000 and worry about resale prices, we must remember that making a better model is typically what manufacturers do. At least Hifiman has the guts to actually tell the customers, Audeze has been doing this for years without even adding a "mk2" etc. I wish they could keep models the same for longer period of time, but it's not like Hifiman is the only one here..    As for pricing - of course flagships are expensive. Of...
XLR-RCA adapter cable for the NAD m51 Don't know if this is covered in this thread by now - but some might find it interesting that NAD says you can use the XLR(AES/EBU)-input from an RCA spdif source, with the use of a RCA-XLR cable.Here is the wiring according to the NAD tech I asked.   Since I suddenly sold my M51, I never got to try it for myself, though. Maybe someone else have tried this?
I think all of us like what Audeze is doing, their headphones, their constant effort to make their headphones better.    But, I don't think they realize that some customers might be offended by not getting the latest headphone revision when actually buying one brand new at full price. In addition to the confusion on forums like this caused by the confusion (but at least it gives us something to talk about ,)..    Just checked the Audeze webiste, and all I could find...
 Totally agree on that, as I already mentioned earlier in this thread .) I don't really see why Audeze keeps up the "secret revision" policy. Only thing might be that dealers would loose some money iif Audeze made their revisions more obvious, because dealers might have a problem selling the versions they have stocked at full price. But customers should matter more, they don't like not getting what the think they get - as manpowre is an example of. 
 I don't think anyone who commented on this actually did NOT welcome the changes. They just want them to be communicated to the consumer ,) Some reasons for giving models version numbers: 1) Enthusiasts can discuss and compare apples instead of apples and pears and oranges.  2) Customers can see what they buy. People risk listening to a demo in a store, buying what they think is an identical product but getting a different version.  3) Reviews can be judged by the model...