Posts by bmichael

Before I get flamed for not searching the archives, let me say I have. The previous posts take into account circa 2007 prices. It's almost 2011! (No but for real, you guys are the best and very nice. I don't think I'd have gotten yelled at.) Anyway, it seemed like the big knock on the SE420 is its price, but it is kinda cheap now. With the UEs and Shures at $200 on amazon and the Etys at $300, I think these are the mid-range in ear buds of discernment, right? What are...
oh my god. i get this, too. these ear phones sound like crap and they shock you... so yeah. 
Hey guys let me just update you on this situation because I am positive I have it all figured out.   I thought that the problem with the speakers was my power, or that the speakers have a natural hum from the amp.    THIS IS NOT THE CASE   Let me repeat, this is not the case. I got home one night and turned on my speakers, and I was, like, immediately bowled over by the absence of a hum. No matter what volume I set them to, or what I plugged into them, there...
I just think you should start over. Give up and try again, you know?
I'm pretty new to audio stuff, but I can see myself heading down this rabbit hole.   I recently bought Audioengine A5 speakers, but I'm already kind of regretting getting them. They sound all right, but between the persistent hum and the overheat-to-shut-off move, I'm a little fed up. This site 6 Moons reviewed Mark and Daniel Ruby speakers, and they seem to love them.   As well, their review of the NuForce Icon...
As well I'll mentioned I wouldn't mind trading these for a pair of Grado 325is.
Oops, I should say that they're the black model. And I'd like $280 plus shipping (or best offer).
I purchased some Audioengine A5s, and I thought they buzzed too much. I ended up taking them to a friend's place, where they did not buzz at all. It was my power source.    Speakers were used for about a week. Aesthetically, they are perfect. I have all the original packaging, bags, cables, etc. Make me an offer?
The iPhone remote cord of my P5s wore out. I caught it on too many things walking around the city, basically. I emailed customer service, and they agreed to send one out to me ASAP, which was great. Great customer service! I just wanted to point out that if the headphones hadn't been under warranty, it appears that the replacement cord would have cost $50.68 or nearly 17% of the purchase price.   I'm a headphones newb (which is probably why I have the P5s in the...
UGH. I received a replacement set of speakers today, and they are slightly better than the first ones I received. I might look into buying a power conditioner, but I really don't want to spend another hundred bucks on anything related to my music setup. I found, honestly, the best solution was to stop angling the speakers toward myself and suffer a more limited soundstage. Now I don't notice the hum at low volumes.