Posts by bmichael

For modern pop songs, Robyn's Dancing On My Own and Kanye's Love Lockdown both have ear-pushing bass. Robyn's song should make your head feel like it's trapped in a spinning vice, and Love Lockdown's bass won't appear on a lot of small speakers/headphones.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J294A-R1Cjk (Robyn) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZwMX6T5Jhk (Kanye)
Hey guys. I just wanted some input and this seemed like the most recent thread. I just yesterday got a pair of HD650s. I've used them to listen to music for about, eh, 10 hours since then, and I played pink noise while I slept last night, about 6 hours. I have a DAC/AMP combo NuForce Icon-2.   I find that there is like anemic, totally underwhelming bass. Bass guitars are audible, but not present. I can hear notes but not, you know, say that it has any presence. (I'm...
I'm interested in this topic, as well. I'm looking to get a portable amp for iPhone to HD650.   Using the search is great for some things, but the definitive-looking posts on this topic date from between 3 to 6 years ago. And as GeorgeGoodman said above, it seems like newer tech is coming out all the time. Those older threads are great for some things, not as good for others, I think.   Anyway, yeah. I'd like a decent amp to drive the HD650s for when I'm lying in...
I second the GangStarr recommendation. Guru isn't spitting it real, he's spitting it right.
I don't know... I never got interference using my (relatively all right) Logitech 2.1 computer speakers. I mean, if I have the A5s turned on, with nothing playing, I can hear this ridiculous hum/buzz rise and fall at an irregular rate. As if the ocean had gone all wonky, like. I think Audioengine is making a clearly defective product at the moment. I can't use them as nearfield speakers anymore. They're fine if I turn them up loud and go into another room, because the...
This is an interesting sort of discussion, because it kind of underpins a lot of what I've been thinking about lately.    For instance, I was downloading some 24/96.00 recordings, and catching up on the forums about that topic. (Don't want to bring that up again, per se!) But it seems like there's an awful lot of focus on reproducing sound. It reaches the extent (funny to me) at which it seems like H-Fers want to shake the sound engineers, producers, and musicians by...
I wonder how the Skullcandy offerings compare to the B&W P5? That seems to be the sort of target, that and Beats, they're aiming at.
Not to belabor the point, but I probably spoke a little too soon. I'd only listened to it about twice. It's definitely worth getting if you're a fan of the EPs. It has its pluses and minuses versus the EPs, but it's certainly not bad. (It might even be really good. It's not an immediate lapel-grabber, though.)
I think Spiritualized's Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space is both one of the best albums of all-time and one of the best-sounding albums. Not Radiohead but Spiritualized seem (to me) to be the true successors to Pink Floyd, who seem to be pretty popular on H-F.
I bought my MS1s probably four or five years ago, and I recall the shipping was very fast.   Sorry if this is unrelated somewhat, but after owning them for so long, I'm finding they're falling apart. I used some gorilla glue to resecure the headband to the part that holds the plastic part it enters (the part that holds the earpiece). Overall, I like these; they were my first somewhat nicer headphone. But they do feel very flimsy compared to other phones.