Posts by bmichael

It could definitely be an error, because a lot of the seller pricing is just determined algorithmically based on the other seller prices, you know? So if one seller accidentally prices it at $28, the other sellers may have rules in effect to price theirs the same.
Sennheiser HD650 (HD-650) over-the-ear headphones for sale.   I'm selling these approximately 1 year old headphones for two reasons:   I just acquired a pair of Denons, for their different bass signature, and I don't have the proper amplification for these.   That's it. They're in great shape. I bought them straight from Amazon about a year ago. They've been taken care of. No chips or scuffs. All original hardware. Original blue box. That said,...
  Awww... (Sorry to be glib.)   Since the very first reply to the OP's question left the topic, I feel like it's OK to stray a bit? Some of the newer stuff that's been exciting is (ignoring the big stuff like The Throne/Drake/Rick Ross) this Oakland group/collective called Main Attrakionz and their constellation of side members. You can find their stuff here http://greenovamusic.bandcamp.com/   Along the same lines, from the south there's an overlapping contingent of...
You know how every year, millions of kids write freshman papers on Shakespeare or lab reports or take the same calc 1 tests, across the country? Doesn't that seem, not wasteful since education is good, but still, you know, a little wasteful? Because the work's been done a million times? That's sort of like what your question is like. Since this topic has come up about a million times on H-F. You should use the search bar.
To be honest, I do think it sounds virtually the same. Perhaps the HDP is better, since people on the forum seem to rave about it. If I had the money to spare, I'd probably go with that Burson amp, which looks nice and is made in Australia if I'm not mistaken.
I did end up buying the NuForce Icon-2. To be honest, I think it's maybe a dud? The sound straight out of my MacBook Air (2010) and MacBook Pro (15" late 2008) and iPhone 4 to Sennheiser HD650 all sound the same. For real. I have very good hearing, and I'm a musician and semi-pro music critic. It all sounds the same. I live in New York, so I'm thinking of going into the city and finding a place to demo other desktop amps.   I recently got a pair of Senn IE 8s, and I...
Thanks a lot folks. That was really fast. I have at least one buyer on the line, and another who is serious about it if the first falls through. These are basically sold, but if not, then I will update the post later tomorrow and let you all know. Thanks so much for the interest!
I'm selling a pair of Audioengine A5s. I used them for literally two days and packed them back up. I've been meaning to sell them on eBay for a while, and I'm finally getting around to it this weekend. If I can sell these to some nice Head-Fiers, though, I'd rather do that. They're obviously as is. I'm selling them because of the notorious Audioengine hum. If that won't bother you (it doesn't seem to bother many people), then please get a great deal on some nice speakers.
I know these headphones are divisive. Some people love them, a lot of people seem to hate them. If you're one who likes them, you can get a good deal on lightly used B&W P5s. I almost never use them anymore since getting a pair of Triple.Fi 10s. The earbuds are just more convenient for me. I happen to like the P5, but they're just sitting around the house so I figure I'll get a few bucks and let someone else use them. They're obviously sold AS IS. I've used them a lot...
This place is like a cult. FWIW, I don't notice much (certainly not "$400's worth") difference between the MacBook Air's jack and using the MBA to USB Icon 2. I must need to spend more money.