Posts by sbradley02

Photos added
Yes, it is indeed sad.Despite their not being any new ones made, I seem to be having trouble selling my pair...
Manual finally released: http://geek.lhlabs.com/downloads/Geek_Out_User_Manual_Version_2014_04_08.pdfAnd I was wrong, they intend the 47 ohm output for high impedance headphones (high impedance not defined in this instance).mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa
The core issue IMO is that instructions were never provided with the device.   http://geek.lhlabs.com/force/geekout/984-instructions-for-geek-out.html#16310
I didn't make that generalization, the article referred to did. As I mentioned, I have used series resistors very successfully in adapting amplifier outputs to various 'phones. And absolutely agree with "the ultimate answer is to try both outputs with whichever headphone and decide for yourself which sounds better, as you may have a personal preference for one or the other"
Yep. Quotes:"If you want to be assured a source will work well with just about any headphone, simply make sure the output impedance is under 2 ohms""As output impedance increases electrical damping is reduced. The bass performance of the headphones, as designed by the manufacture, may be audibly compromised if there’s insufficient damping.""THE BEST HEADPHONES ARE DESIGNED FOR THE BEST SOURCES: If you do a quick survey of the most well reviewed high-end headphone amps and...
With high impedance phones you want as much voltage as possible. A 47 ohm source impedance would drop voltage (which is why this is good for line out) which is bad for maximizing voltage out.I do exactly this in my matching network I use to drive headphones off of a power amp output.Logically, the 47ohm output would be used for extremely sensitive headphones like IEMs (which usually have a low impedance).This would allow you to use the amp towards the mid-volume settings,...
Price drop
Here is a good article Hopefully my addition below is mostly correct There are two cases where you need a coupling capacitor. All single supply circuits must use them because otherwise the AC signal cannot go negative in respect to ground. Also in a bipolar supply circuit, small circuit differences can cause a DC offset. This is usually eliminated through the use of some form of DC servo.   Only film capacitors are reasonably linear with audio signals, and since the...
Got a nice reply from LH to my post on Geek Force: ------ Hi, Thanks for your concern... And sorry that our manual is not clearly enough. Geek out DAC will get the volume setting information from the computer EVERY TIME when it plug into your computer. So the best way to do it is, setting right volume in your computer. It should remember that settings with Geek Out devices. So next time, your Geek Out will set to the right volume level. Changing volume by buttons on...