Posts by sbradley02

The latest from LHL is that they think it is a firmware issue, though if so, it is odd that it didn't affect my previous unit - maybe it had an earlier firmware release?We'll see if the new firmware fixes it.It is kind of an insidious problem, since I do get audio from both channels, I tend to not realize the issue is presenting itself until a familiar song comes on (I listen to Pandora primarily) and I notice that some of the music is missing.Of course I can use the...
I have had a rather odd issue with my Pulse Xfi and was wondering if anyone else has seen it. The left channel audio content will be outputted to both left and right channels (if you do a channel test, you will hear 'left' in both ears, and will never hear 'right'.)  Long reset (turn off for several seconds and then on) fixes it. I am also talking to support.
For sale, a 1.5m long Cardas Clear Light headphone cable, terminated in 4-pin XLR and Audeze. Used for around 2 months, excellent condition, in original bag with certificate. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. No response here, now on EBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cardas-Audio-Clear-Light-Headphone-Cable-4-Pin-XLR-Audeze-Plug-1-5-meter-/131507622038?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123
Technical Support responded. My issue was due to trying to use it in an unsupported mode, unfortunately (I had a smart power switch that turned off power whenever the laptop was disconnected - looks like I will need to turn it on and off manually). Compared to my previous stack, JoLida tube DAC and Schiit Asgard, the Pulse is a big step up. I am not good at writing very detailed audio impressions, but bottom line, the Pulse is a lot more refined. Music that was edgy on my...
My apologies for jumping to that conclusion, I should have asked first, and I stand corrected.The Cardas I have is definitely techflex (or equivalent) and is quite noisy.
Microphonics is not a strictly accurate term, though it is commonly used. The problem is the cable jacket picks up vibrations as it rubs against you and other objects, these vibrations are conducted up the cable into the headphone housing, and is presented as a sound from the headphone. It is mechanical end to end, so is amplifier independent. Techflex, which most cables (including Charleston) is especially bad with this. Most people don't notice the noise, but some...
Not as bad as the Cardas I have now, price wise.Will see what other recommendations I get, but may just get that one. Thanks
Currently using Cardas Clear Light cable. It is highly microphonic which drives me crazy (I will be selling it). Looking for recommendations for a truly silent cable. Don't need fancy/expensive, just a good solid cable.
Thanks for responding. I don't have the same issue with the Shure preamp, nor with my JoLida DAC I used previously. Both resync fine after redock.
I fired up my Pulse today and am enjoying it. I have a USB driver bug which I have reported to LHL, but since my setup is unusual I thought I would also try the community. I use a Windows laptop with a docking station. Besides the Pulse I also have a Shure USB mic preamp hooked up. When I undock and redock the laptop, the Pulse isn't recognized. So far the only way I am able to fix is to disconnect the Shure, power cycle the Pulse then reconnect the Shure, which is rather...