Posts by rx79ez08

My unit is behaving exactly the same as your. Pretty sure this is intentional and how Violectric decide to implement it. If you look at their phono amp the V600 which have similar balance adjustment function, then it become pretty clear: http://cdn.head-fi.org/6/62/900x900px-LL-62367098_V6002013Front.jpeg
I believe in the current Stax line up only the 507 pads are made of real leather.
I just checked, the setting is correct. Maybe the M51 just got a high output.
Thank you Fried, I understand now. A very interesting way to do volume control. I have been using HD800 and lcd-x in balance output, mostly TH900 in unbalance output. I am pretty sure I set the attenuation right, but I will check when I get home. The 800 required the most output, but even then I for not go pass 9.
 Interesting, if I understand correctly the volume control for a standard and volume control solution 1 is actually done by a electronic potentiometer that is controlled by an ADC, which is in turn controlled by a real potentiometer. The V281 sounds great, very powerful. Your guys have managed to significantly improve the clarity and signature of the amp as compare to the V200. The only slight complain I have is the gain is too high for me. With the pre-amp gain at -12,...
Item: HD600 with extra HD650 cable Location: Melbourne Price: $210 Item Condition: Good Reason for selling: Not being used, upgrade Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only Extra Info: Before the $1000+ headphones that hit the market in recent years, HD600 is considered one of the best headphones around. Compare to the HD650, the HD600 has a faster signature with greater clarity. It lacks the strong bass of the HD650, but personally between the two I will take a...
Item: CEntrance DACmini Location: Melbourne Price: $350 Item Condition: Very good Reason for selling: Not being used Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only Extra Info:   The DACmini is a very capable USB, optical, and coaxial DAC and headphones amp. It's very good all in one unit for the price range, very smooth and refined sound. Well suited for someone who want a all in one unit with minimum fuss and good sound quality.   It was mainly my office setup, but...
Item: Astell & Kern AK120 Location: Melbourne Price: $850 Item Condition: Very good Reason for selling: Not being used Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only Extra Info:   A popular play that need no further introduction, very good sound quality and can double as a DAC. Come with all accessory, which include a spare front screen and back plate protector.   The player is in very good condition with no scratch, it has always been used in its leather case. The...
The manual for LNS has a FR graph. However, the manual for my early model Sigma, SR-407 and O2 MkII (SZ3 version) all don't have FR graphs. Not sure about other models.