Posts by Yuceka

Finally, after long hours of reading and trying to decide between RS1i vs. LCD-2 and D7000, I went with the Denons from J&R. Not that I think they are better than the other two. I wish the folks at Audeze had more peeps to help with their emails and products, I just couldn't wait for another month or so to get a response. I hope D7000 will give me a different experience than with my cans at the moment (SR225i and HD650). 
We have totally hijacked this thread ha
Too boring? Wow... I mean... Wow... May the ghost of Bach, Albinoni and Telemann haunt you for the rest of your life for saying that :P   
I don't think it does. All I got in the package was the amp and a power cord! You may have to contact the guy, coolfungadget on ebay, I am sure he'll help you in answering that question. 
Ditto
I never liked my HD555s and returned them. HD650 is another option but there's a huge difference between them and 555, and if you're not going to get a good amp, getting the 650s alone is a bad idea. My advice would be looking at some other cans that are easy to drive, like Audio Technicas or some low impedance selections of Beyerdynamics 
I would assume so but I can't speak for PS-1000 or GS1000i. There may be others who have tried other Grados that can give you a more detailed answer than me on electronic music. 
I wish I could just pretend to know how to read that graph but I am not going to :) From my experience I think both SR225 and HD650 have different kinds of bass qualities. SR225 (after a good burn-in) have a really sweet, punchy and a controlled bass but it's not really deep and plus you're so taken in with the sweet midrange that unless you are a basshead, you don't mind their bass quantity or quality at all. HD650 ... hmmm I don't find them quite bassy like some Audio...
I have a pair of SR225i and I use them whenever I listen to fast pace rock/metal. HD650 and SR225 are completely different phones. I wouldn't call one better than the other. They are good with different musics and purposes. That's why I keep them both to use with different types of music. One thing to add though, occasionally I can listen to rock with Senns but I have never liked listening to classical music with my Grados. Sometimes you just miss having a wider...
Didn't you say you just got them? I don't mean to sound arrogant by any means but you probably know that HD650 do need a long burn-in period? If I were to judge each of my cans on the basis of how they sounded when I just got them, they'd all be returned in their second week. I bought my HD650 used and I didn't like them at first but I kept listening to them and now they have either reached that point or something that they sound much different (you can call it...