Posts by livewire

Her name is on the circuit boards of the first units. Link: http://schiit.com/products/valhalla (click photo to enlarge)
Having both input transistors on the same die is the way to go.I tried the pair of 2SK170s in my KGSSHV and there was signifigant drift that could not be zeroed-out.YMMV - One could try glueing them together or some type of matching scheme. So I bought a fistfull of LSK389s. Problem solved.They also work fine on my old Blue Hawaii boards.The footprint is different, but the LSK leads can be bent to accomodate it.
PF fanatic here. Their music still sends me on a head trip.... Try listening to the 2011 Remaster of DSOTM on CD. Sounds great! Yeah, the original record sounds like poop. It was released in 1973.
 Would that be the latest iteration with tubes in it? The one that isn't on their website? Isn't an LL2 good enuf 4U? Didja know that the LL Mk2 is sold out and they won't have any until 2015! (or they aren't very good at updating their website...)
Boy-O-Boy, I sure took a dump on this thread and scared everyone away! Sorry for crapping on your thread Justin, I am sure that you have been enjoying the peace and quiet.
 Yeah, upside down. Meant to say that but dint think it was worth going back to edit it. BH? Going? It's sitting in a box or three - half finished.Had a heart attack a few months ago. Still recovering, doing rehab.Possible additional surgeries in the future. Building amps is the last thing on my mind.Thanks for askin!
What is 666 backwards? (clue: see above post)   Ha! I'm now a HF millenial. Took long enuf.
Are we gonna have to wait until next year?
yeah well there's that.i was just addressing the overheating issue in a snarky way.have you ever gazed upon KG's first BH ?