Posts by ANDYACE

Thanks for the advice, my post might have been a bit tangential so am going to the other thread.
I use Bluetooth in the car for streaming audio from my iphone.  I was actually surprised that it doesnt sound too bad, I use it to listen to the state of trance, but primarily for technology podcasts such as engadget.  It doesnt compare to CD's but for the convenience of listening to podcasts it is great. BT hasn't gotten any better as it still uses the same streaming format.  BT 3.0 is also a disappointment because it really isn't any faster than the current 1 Megabit...
I like the HD555.  A great introduction to hifi and also excellent as portable headphones.  They might look dorky, but with their relatively low impedance, they work great with the iphone 3g.  As long as you only use them for walking around in quiet places or at the park,they are the best portable headphone IMHO. Being open also means that if you use them outside, you can hear noises around you, which is actually good.  With closed headphone you feel shut off from the...
Actually there are a couple more things that disappoints me about the ipod touch 4g.  When I use Bluetooth in the car to stream podcasts it drops out all the time as compared with my iphone 3g that rarely has dropouts.  This is something I thought would stay the same.  I am not trolling.  I think the HD display and camera is awesome and the A4 processor rocks. Overall I am quite happy with it.  The other thing I would like is wifi N @ 5ghz rather than the 2.4ghz.  With...
I wanted my new ipod touch 4g to sound better than the original iphone 3g that I have but it simply doesn't come close. I bought the ipodtouch 4g as a remote and for surfing the web whilst listening to music through my AX and DAC!!! I do like the sound of the ipod touch 4g speakers when I watch my recorded HD videos (which are awesome). It might be something to do with the Cirrus logic sound chip, the Wolfson on the iphone 3g I think is superior sounding (plus the...
I am very happy upgrading to the Libby from a Fubar III.   My HD650 had poor treble with the Fubar III and upgrading to the Libby really improved the high-end, that now I actually find the HD650 Bright with the stock cable!!!!.  This might be because of the Class A amplification as compared with the Class A/B of the Fubar III.  But I also think the power supply and the impedance matching might be be superior to the Fubar IV but I have never heard the Fubar IV to compare...
  Even if it is an iphone 4 thread, if you had read previous posts, you would have read that there were people asking about the sound quality of an ipod touch 4G.  Also the ipod touch 4g uses the same DAC as the iphone 4 and iphone 3gs. There were also posts about the the different audio boards between the iphone 3g (wolfson) and iphone 3gs/4.     According to website ifixit---http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPod-Touch-4th-Generation-Teardown/3562/3 "On the far left is a...
        Even if it is an iphone 4 thread, if you had read previous posts, you would have read that there were people asking about the sound quality of an ipod touch 4G.  Also the ipod touch 4g uses the same DAC as the iphone 4 and iphone 3gs. There were also posts about the the different audio boards between the iphone 3g (wolfson) and iphone 3gs/4.     According to website ifixit---http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPod-Touch-4th-Generation-Teardown/3562/3 "On the far left...
I have just bought an ipod touch 4g (8g) because when i upgraded the remote 2 on my iphone 3g, it was really buggy and I also wanted a nice retina display and smaller formfit to use in bed, when listening to my HD650s through an AX.   After reading this post on my new ipod touch I decided to do a little bit of a sound comparison between the iphone 3g and new ipodtouch 4g.     The sound source was the armin van buren state of trance podcast 137, using  HD555 &...
I have discovered the Sennhesier veil on the HD650 but it actually helps with digital recordings.  When I listen to Pink Floyd with my Sennheisers HD555 I hear the phone ringing due to quantisation errors. The HD650 corrrects the problem with treble in the digital realm.  I am planning on upgrading the amp as the Fubar III just doesnt cut it.