or Connect

Posts by Silent One

Wishing you all health, peace & good audio in 2017!
Ah, the liberation of ohhgourami...beautiful!
Does 'Nondescript November' suggest 'Dead-end December' is at our doorstep...or nearly so?
Since the HE-6 made its debut, the HiFiMAN Highway has been littered with runners who dropped out or got dropped by their experience..."DNF!" I narrowly escaped the same fate. A friend and true head-fier (wotts) encouraged me not to give up on the '6' and keep trying to hear it with better gears. After witnessing many moons coming and going, the cans finally showed promise with my latest vintage purchase. I decided I'd purchase them 12 months after my newly ordered Stax...
Treated like a legacy product, I suppose...
Overstated October? Maybe coming out of September the theme should've been Over/Under October...does he make it?! (-:
Beautifully displayed! Except, the rack doesn't leave any space to stash the BIG AT&T Phone Book (circa 1970s)!
In my view - kinda like the smog alerts in SoCal...haaazy, man! - I think outsiders view this dying thread as having little life left. But that would be (potentially) a mistake and the wrong point of view. For me it's about the afterlife in the thread, held together by friendship among us, and the spirit of our beloved brother. Further, the juice from getting the thread back on track can help stave off dementia. There you have it folks, your PSA for today!
@ deafdoorknob You hit the nail on the head Olympic style.    - Owner Shindo Lab monaural amps; preamp.