or Connect

Posts by Danz03

Have you ever heard a real electric bass or a kick drum playing? You are seriously telling me H800 or Stax can reproduce that accurately? HD800's and Stax's lack of bass distorts the sound balance in a piece of music, you may prefer it sounding that way but that doesn't mean it's what it is supposed to sound like. Most music is mixed using calibrated reference monitor in studio environment, I think you need to hear A piece of music there before you could judge whether a...
I do not like bass in particular, I just want a reference sound, sound signature of a pair of studio reference monitors. I use monitors and headphones to monitor and mix music, I want accurate sounding bass, no more and no less. HD800 are anything but neutral sounding, why? Anyone who's heard a real bass guitar or someone playing live drums would know that, HD800 are incapable of reproducing enough deep bass frequencies, so how can they ever be considered neutral sounding?...
Don't know, I personally find LCD-X sound more like LCD-2 r2.2 than LCD-3. The left driver of my LCD-X die a few months ago, and I find myself wanting to use my LCD-2 than my 3 as a temporary replacement. As for the poster who is worried about the LCD-2 sounding grainy, I don't find such problem at all myself, but in comparasion, MrSpeakers Ether has a similar sound signature as my LCD-2 but with a slightly cleaner and more detailed sound and wider soundstage, could be a...
CAD 2,200 seems a bit too much of the K812! They cost around USD 1,000 in Hong Kong the last time I saw them in the shop. To me, Q701 are quite lacking in bass.
With regards to classical music, or most acoustic music, the HD800 are really excellent sounding (as long as the recording do not have too much tape or background noise), they do enchance acoustic instruments and make them sound alive and with widened soundstage, not unlike what the vintage Aphex aural exciter does. But for any other genres of music, the lack in bass is really apparent. Some ppl refer to them as reference headphones which I can never ever agree with, to me...
I wonder what your definition of a HiFi sound is, if you mean a hi-fedility sound then HD800 definitely fare worse in my opinion; as it can never produce a bass guitar or a kick drum faithfully, not even near; hi hats and cymbals become unbearable bright. I can agree that some ppl might love the sound signature of HD800, but calling it neutral or transparent sounding cannot be true. I really want to like my HD800 but they hurt my ears everytime I listen to them. K812 may...
Maybe you're right about MMCX being cheaper to buy in bulk, but I doubt many companies would care too much about that tiny price difference on a pair of $1000 + IEMs, they'd be able to save more just by making a smaller box for packaging. If I were the manufacturer, I'd rather spend a little more money on something more reliable than saving a little money and then get my reputation ruined and lose out when customers start returning products.I think there are no perfect...
You are probably right, as I have never had problem with the 2 pin connectors of my W4r or my K10U, but I really cannot say anything bad about the MMCX connectors either, as I never had any problem with them so far (SE 846, W60, Pro 30). The locking cable connectors you mentioned on my Layla and Roxanne are great although I find them a bit fiddilely when changing cables. So I guess the conclusion here is to avoid the UM3xrc at all cost.
Strangely I thought it was the complete opposite. I have never had any problem with the MMCX connectors with my SE846, W60 and Pro 30 for over 2 years, and I use my Pro 30 at the gym and for commuting nearly everyday, they get a lot of accidental pulls often and are still working 100% fine. I had 4 pairs of um3xrc and 2 of them had really loose connectors on one driver and they actually came off quite often and I nearly lose them twice before on the bus; I had to bend the...
Agreed, I never find the K812 sibilant, unlike the HD800, they are so sibilant with pop and rock music I find it hard to bare, and the lack of bass limits them to be good with only classical and acoustic music for me. However, the K812 are difinitely suited to pairing with tube amps in my opinion.