Posts by Danz03

If the hd800 were designed to sound accurate, it wouldn't have needed a special amp/cable/dac to make it sound right, or sennheiser should have made accessories for them to sound right in the first place. But even their own HDVD800 doesn't really make the bass any more adequate, so you're saying sennheiser are making sub par gear too? Same goes for Stax with their SR009/7 systems. I sill believe they were designed to have such sound signatures, and that's exactly why some...
I was talking about the LCD-2 + Symth Realiser + ButtKicker BK-LFE Kit, can produce as much sub bass frequency physically to make people feel sick without annoying the neighbors. Better than most surround monitor systems up to 7.1 as you can have hundreds of different setups and acoustic environments within the touch of a button.
As in my reply to this post earlier, they can, especially the LCD-2 (haven't tried it with my LCD-3 yet though), if you use it with Symth realizer and LFE.
I must admit I do love how tube amps sounds, technically, amps with vintage tubes do add even harmonic distortions that is very musical, warm and pleasant to listening to, but I tend not to use them at all so I'd be able to hear the un-enhanced music, warts and all, no point mixing something that only sounds good on one particular system. If I were to use valve equipment, I'd use them in the recording stage so the warm tube sound can be enjoyed by all instead of just me. I...
It's a bit like how some people would defend valve amps fiercely when I called them highly colored with added distortions by saying how the modern valves are more or less distortion free. In my opinion, the only reason for using valve equipment is because of the distortion and colorations, I personally own a lot of valve microphones and preamps to add characters to the recorded sound, if the valve equipment are distortion free or accurate, I really have no use for them, I...
If your amp can give a low frequencies boost of over 5dB, or cut out 5dB off the highs and mids, I'd call that an equalizer instead. I've demoed a lot of so called great amps for the HD800 and own a Schiit Mjolnir myself, none of those could alter the FR for more than 3%, and they shouldn't, understandably.
Yes, the SR009 may not have a dip until 10hz, but there's also a peak at 10k, affecting the frequencies all the way down to 200Hz. Besides, I was saying the SR009/HD800 are bass light because I was using hip hop and dance music as reference, as bass is the essence of those genres of music, but for many other types of music, it's not that important. Instead of saying the SR009/HD800 are bass light, I could have said that they are overly bright instead. Take the bass drum...
I agreed with you on that, but I still find mixing with headphones doesn't translate 100% to mixing with speakers, you can get the FR mostly right but relative instrument levels would be slightly wrong, probably due to phrasing effects of the speaker and room reflections. The only way to get around that is using the Symth Realiser I find.But I guess it also depends on how your target audience are going to listen to your mix, if they are mostly headphones users, then mixing...
They would if you use them with Smyth Realiser, especially with LFE.
A lot of mixes of contemporary pop and dance music has unnatural and ridiculous amount of low frequencies, it may not sound right or enjoyable to you when you hear an accurate presentation of it through reference speakers or the LCD-2. And just because you prefer the way SR009 or HD800's present it doesn't mean it's accurate or good. If you go to a live Classical or Jazz concert, the double bass doesn't get very loud because it is not a very loud instrument naturally, but...