Posts by Danz03

The Pro series is marketed as IEMs for professionals, professionals need proper specs, one cannot market a mic as a general purpose mic when it's specifily designed for recording bass and kick drum. Like how the Pro 50 are desigbeed for, bassist and drummers, as confirmed by the Westone rep, hence the overly emphasized low mids and bass. I've had more than 6 pairs of UM3x/rc/Pro 30 with dead drivers but I'm still buying new ones and using them daily because they are good...
People like me at least. I used to be able to just trust Westone products to give me a decent balanced sound signature, especially the UM or Pro series, the Pro 50 totally changed my view about Westone, I would have gotten the W80 without even a second though after demoing them but now I find myself looking for alternatives if possible, whether they are actually better or not.
I think they sure let a lot of people down, especially profession musicians or engineers.i.e. Shure specifically marketed SM58 as a vocal mic and Beta 52A as a mic for kick drum or bass cabinet, anyone can use them for other instruments etc if they want to, but at least we know what they are primarily designed for. With Pro 50 specially designed and tuned for bassist and drummer (according to the Westone rep) but without any specific description to me is very...
Hmmm, lucky I haven't bought the Katana yet, will demo them and see which ones are better for me. ;-)
That's great! It certainly explains why I hated the Pro 50 so much. If that's the case, why didn't Westone advertise the Pro 50 as sepecifically designed for bass players and drummers? I would have stayed clear of them if I knew.
Yes, musicians always eq their IEMs for stage performances, as they all have different preferences, i.e., a singer would want to hear the high mids more so than the bass, whereas a bass player would certainly wants to hear the bass more (I personally would rather keep everything flat but raise the level of the musicaians' instrument levels respectively, or however they want their mix to be like instead). My point is, if westone where to design a pair of IEMs for all kinds...
If you think that we all hear sound from IEMs differently, so what is the point of describing them when you know for sure most people or everyone else will hear it differently as you do? It will actually be very misleading. And as I mentioned before, which you didn't acknowledge, even big fans of UM Pro 50 claimed they are lacking in treble and have to resort to equalization; so I don't think this treble light problem is only unique to me, and I doubt we hear them too...
 I can, especially when it's obviously that the high frequencies are missing like the UM Pro 50. Just like when a color monitor or TV is missing the red channel. Yes, the UM series is supposed to be designed for stage use, that's why I don't understand why the pro 50 in particular are so sonically colored.