or Connect

Posts by Xymordos

I know that the most popular two are the QDC 5 and 8. I'll need to read more to find out the difference between the 3 tunings (studio, live, and something else...). I do know that 5 is the bassier one with a pop tuning, and that its resolution is noticeably worse than 8. 8 is, from what I read, a detail monster, and the tuning is very top heavy and will be harsh with certain tracks. I've never actually heard the two though. The information I have is from reading reviews...
Well generally on the Chinese forum people tend to not recommend trying the DIY ones. There are very detailed reviews for QDC and FLC, but less review for NF. Which models are you interested in? I could perhaps translate a few extracts when I have time.
QDC, FLC, and NF are the larger brands. The rest are small DIY stores. QDC is much more professional actually, as they are an established brand in China. 
The HODTECs (without vents) I tried doesn't seem to punch very hard. Think they suit better as mid drivers. They're really clear though.
On Taobao there are tens of hundreds of CIEM DIYers and even more BA UIEM makers. It's literally impossible to try them all out.
@piotrus-g that dip in the first graph you posted looks like the graphs of one of the Ocharaku IEM haha
Does it matter which rail (+ve or -ve) you put the resistor on?  I though all the resistor does will be to lower the volume of the ED driver.
 I posted the Chinese one before, think it was a few pages back. There is a big difference it seems haha :P  [[SPOILER]]
I use stainless steel when possible and it seems to sound better to me imo too. But if you use it for all of your drivers it'll either strongly limit your driver positioning or make your IEM shell huge.
I received the IEC711 from Aihua a few weeks back. This was my previous 7 driver measured with the ESI U22XT sound card. I'd say it sounds more like what I'm hearing from the IEM compared to the Chinese imitation 711.