Posts by Xymordos

Hifiman does indeed have a prototype of their new Electrostats out - nicknamed 'Jade 2' by some forum member in the Chinese forums since there was no official name. Only a few people have heard it so far and there's no official announcement.
 Even for mids? What about RAB-31761?
I have a opaque black faceplate, and it looks pretty good sanded and matte :P
Man there are so many drivers I see being put on sale that I can't find the datasheets to. Even some 6xxxx drivers by Knowles can be found on Taobao! I couldn't find any information on the DTEC-30811
I find it easier to use a protruding plug like UE. I would sand it a bit and then the UE default cable will be able to fit on the plug. This also creates more space in the shell to place drivers.
   Just spend quite a few hours sanding the entire thing. Looks quite nice matted black actually! wjp007: does that method actually get a even coat of polish? :O
You can squeeze the dampers into smaller tubings depending on tubing material. 
What I mean by residue is that when I glue the face place onto the shell I often accidentally spill them during the curing, causing them to solidify on places I don't want.
Oh my god that purple one is mesmerizing! 
Interesting, you would think such a small driver would have better highs :P The Knowles FK series I feel really makes the highs more detailed and airy.