or Connect

Posts by MuppetFace

I was diagnosed with stage 2 cancer last week.   It's in my mouth, likely caused by the medication I have to take. The cells are well differentiated, which is "good," and it doesn't seem to be a particularly aggressive kind. I'll be getting more scans later, and hopefully it hasn't gotten into my jaw, otherwise they'll need to replace that with bone from my leg. As it is, they need to remove the afflicted area and replace it with skin grafts, which includes part of my...
  The load times in Bloodborne were shortened with one of the recent patches; they also added item descriptions on the loading screens, though BB doesn't have nearly as many items compared to Dark Souls, so you end up seeing a lot of repetition. By far the biggest issue with Bloodborne at the end of the day is a lack of content. The number of possible builds is limited due to the way stats are allocated, and the weapons are significantly fewer, though fortunately each...
  That includes some FAD stuff. I still like the company and their stuff, even if I'm not collecting audio products. Same goes for Audio-Technica and their wooden headphones. I appreciate it more from a collector standpoint, but since I'm not really collecting anymore, there's no real point in hanging onto it.
As for gear, I really haven't been too invested in it since early last year or thereabouts. Most of it was unloaded by that point.   For on-the-go listening, I use a Sony Walkman; either a newer Android model or a vintage cassette player. Collecting vintage Walkmans is a hobby unto itself. I mostly just throw on some Koss PortaPros for the sake of convenience and peace of mind.   I kept a few pairs of earphones like the Shure SE846s and Noble K10s. At some point I'm...
Highlight of this year in gaming for me thus far has definitely been Bloodborne. The soundtrack brings tears to my eyes...  ...Both from how majestic this boss fight's music is, and how much of a pain in the ass The Daughter of the Cosmos was to fight...  [[SPOILER]]
  I'm always here, lurking in the shadows.    *looks them up* Seems cool. I'm a bit Kickstarter'd out, though. Unless they're available elsewhere now. Shures + Liquid Carbon has been my 'end game' IEM setup since I heard the prototypes a while back.I've had little desire to use anything else.     Bisexual is attraction to men and women.Pansexual is an attraction to anyone, including: nonbinary, agender, transgender, intersexed, etc. It is a more inclusive term that eschews...
  I've had boyfriends. I'm actually pansexual.
 You're not going to get much bass extension from the Piano Forte family, unfortunately. That's just their unique signature which has a definite mids focus, and it's something people will either love or hate. The break-in for these is mostly mental in my experience: you have to be in the mood for their unique style, and going into them for the first time can be extremely jarring, especially coming from some other more "modern sounding" headphones. The brass housing has a...
  Yeah, the blog post was linked a bunch of times earlier in the thread, but the link doesn't work on my end anymore---plus I couldn't find the entry on Musica Acoustics---so I'm assuming it was lost in the shuffle when their site was updated recently. When I saw the impressions on some Japanese store sites saying the Aging was different than the 'normal' Heaven V, I was definitely intrigued, but that just hasn't been my own experience. In fact, I found there's more...
A while back I wrote an article for Musica Acoustics' blog comparing the Heaven IV, V, and VI. It doesn't seem to be up anymore, so I figured I'd post it here for future reference.       *  *  *  *  *  *  * *  *  *  *  *  *  *     Final Audio Design Heaven V Impressions  by MuppetFace     There's something about Final Audio Design (or 'FAD' for short) that speaks to certain people. Perhaps it's the exotic materials and finishes that adorn their products;...