Posts by MuppetFace

R.I.P. Jack Bruce   Cream freakin' rocks, and so did you.    
 They're relaxing until you have to clean their environment.
   Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it. <3  
Congratulations on the new amp. You really outdid yourself, Alex. I love the aesthetic of every Cavalli amp, but this is perhaps the most beautiful of all
 Really glad you singled that track out, as it's definitely a favorite of mine as well. So pretty.     Yeah, the Perfume Genius (almost typed 'Perfume Jesus') album is addictive. Those songs keep getting stuck in my head. Maybe it's because I listened to all of Taiga while watching a blood moon eclipse, but personally I find the album to be really powerful. The only real misstep I hear is the first half of "Hunger" with its blaring horns that just falls a bit flat. Overall...
It's 5:50 am. Right now I'm parked in an empty lot, watching the blood moon eclipse with a friend. Listening to the new Zola Jesus and Flying Lotus albums (w/ a bit of Caribou thrown in the mix).   Just checked Thirdworlds. Went down right at the blood moon. Could be from people checking it, but it would be cool if Death Grips released their last album now.
 I think most of his popularity comes from depressed white boys who identify with him for whatever reason. Or people who are nodding out on painkillers (hence his name). Musically, his albums range from bad to good-ish. At his best, he has okay hooks and his flow blurs into a droning stream like on the track "Sandman." When you put some competent production behind him it's definitely listenable to my ears, and I can understand why people might like the dark, murky...
 They're a good source for music news. Though honestly I wish they'd shut up about Sun Kil Moon's Mark Kozelek and every single stupid thing he says.I don't need to know every time Artist X says something criticizing Artist Y. Also Twitter beefs. Definitely don't need to hear 'bout those. Also whoops! The new Zola Jesus album got a 5 point something from a random person on Pitchfork.Guess you folks can't hear it now. :(
  Pitchfork rated one of my favorite albums of all time a 0. That's not a typo. A zero.The reviewer was too lazy to set it up properly to even listen. It's not even the fact that random people assigning numbers to music to represent their feelings toward it is about as ridiculous as assigning colors to them (in my opinion), but the fact that a single "music journalist" listens to an album and people say "Pitchfork gave it a/n _____" like it has all this authority to it....
When was the last time Pitchfork gave something higher than an eight-point-something, again?   I know they came over Arcade Fire and Dracula Holiday in the past...