Posts by Sesam

Yea I guess, as the hum was not present with all of them. Maybe other factors were playing into that too, like when used with a specific rectifier or something.
If it is any help, with my WA22 and Beyerdynamic T1 headphones, I have noticed some hum with most Sylvania 7236 tubes I have tested (approx 16 of them, used condition and allegedly "NOS"). This when compared to RCA 6080WA tubes that I use for reference (I have a lot that I know is truly new/unused), that to my ears have a completely silent background.
Selling a lot of 4 Sylvania GB5931 Gold Brand rectifiers.   Condition: Tested and working fine with my WA22 amp. See the photo for appearance: The boxes are in pretty bad shape, the text/logo on the tubes somewhat faded but readable.   Shipping is additional: Europe: $35 Rest of the World: $40   Shipped trackable and insured using the Swedish postal service (2-8 days depending on country).   Payment accepted with PayPal.
Quad Matched CV181-Z ShuGuang 50years TREASURES   The tubes are in good condition, with approx 200 hours usage. Factory Quad Matched with ratings "Ia1: 7.5mA, Ia2:7.5mA". Also note that this is the early manufacturing run with the slightly larger bottle (and in my opinion smoother sounding), than the ones manufactured later had a slightly smaller bottle. Shipping is additional: Europe: $35 Rest of the World: $40   Shipped trackable and insured using the...
Because I'm planning on switching to a solid-state amp, I'm going to sell my collection of tubes.   Now for sale: Matched Quad PSVANE Tubes CV181-T in giftbox   Condition: Excellent condition, have been used only approximately 50 hours. See the photo of the test report cards for the factory measured values.   Shipping is additional: Europe: $45 Rest of the World: $50   Shipped trackable and insured using the Swedish postal service (2-8 days depending...
Impressive, when it comes to features this has everything I want. My only complaint is the look/design of the thing, I know I'm being superficial but the DAC2 doesn't look like a $2000 device. When it comes to my desktop setup, I want something that not only sounds good but that I can also feast my eyes on. However I realize that this device is mainly targeted at the studio/professional market, where it is more important that you have rack-mounts, than for example shiny...
Reporting back that I ended up switching to JRMC. Mainly because JRMC has a more stable GUI and a lot more features and customization options. I used to think it was just "bloat" and features I would not need, but I was wrong.
^ Good that's assuring to hear, a neutral dac is what I need.  As I have a tube amp, I prefer to have the source neutral, so that if I want to "color" the sound I can do it by swapping tubes :)
I'm currently saving up money for a Benchmark DAC1 HDR, the main reason why I'm leaning towards this particular DAC is the features, small footprint and that I like the looks. So just a sanity check, is there any reason why I would not want to pair one with a WooAudio WA22 amp?   One thing that I'm worried about, is that some user reviews mention that the Benchmark dacs are bright. Aren't the Benchmark dacs designed to be as neutral as possible? My point of reference...
4 matched ShuGuang 50years TREASURE CV181-Z Tubes     (currently only selling them as a set)   Condition: New and Unused. They were bought on October 2011 from Hanshare Electronics. All of these have been tested working on my WA22 amp, but have otherwise not been used (I bought them to use as spares). Note that the boxes are a bit squashed (they arrived that way from HK).   I have to point out that if you look really closely at the ceramic bases you might...