Posts by JoonBug

Ah thanks! It seems that Venturecraft itself is not directly selling it from Amazon US, so I dunno if I'd take the plunge. :S
Yes, and it's surprisingly nuanced as well, unless you have very specific volume needs like I do. It doesn't have quite the bass control of the reference desktop chains, nor the excruciating detail, but it's very enjoyable!  ExpatinJapan - where would I find a link to get a Venturecraft USB LOD? (30-pin, mind you) I can't seem to find it anywhere on VCraft's somewhat confusing website. Thanks
 I do have some very specific volume needs (around 40dB hearing inefficiency in both ears) so I'm willing to bet that the output I'm getting from my M8 would satisfy 98% 99.99% of the population. Quick informal test Rostropovich's Dvorak Cello Concerto w/ Karajan and Berlin Phil (1995) - great great recording btw!at the 1 minute mark, there's first 'tutti' theme, score marks around 'fff' or so,  I used an Android app for SPL purposes so this is by no means...
You could try some of the non-permanent sticky stuff for those Commando 3M wall hooks. I've some extra pads and I think they have about the same sticky-ness.
Same here... Is your iPod PC or Mac formatted?
 Interesting... What gen iPod Classic are you using? 
 You could wait for the Android L release, as it supposedly supports USB Audio out natively. Then providing you could find an Android L DAP with microSD card interoperability, you could be set. This is all hypothetical, as I've no idea if the M8's USB input and L's USB implementation will work out, nor do I have any confidence in the fidelity in the transmission (whether you can play 24/192 w/out downsizing), so there's that. I'm optimistic though. You could just do all...
 Actually I take that back, it doesn't do anything in terms of volume. This sucks. The SQ loss from removing A+ from my chain was too much, so now I'm back at square one. Any tips to increase volume anyone?
 Hmm... How are you using the M8 for listening? I've set the "Volume Adjustment" option +100% in iTunes to my classical tracks and that seems to do the trick for me (had to disable Audirvana though... ://). Whether I'm losing audio fidelity.... I'm chalking it up to not using Audirvana. When using with my iPod Classic, the iTunes volume adjustment profile carries over, so I'm getting similar levels of (greater) output.  Only had a short time with the Dacmini myself but it...
I've been thoroughly enjoying the M8s (iDevice 4XLR) for a while, but there's something I'd like to get clarified. I'm running an HD800 single ended and on classical tracks with max gain and volume all the way it is a few decibels shy of what I'd consider ideal and I'd love to be able to crank a bit more sound out of the device. I'm running the M8 out through a Mac with Audirvana+ and iPod Classic and would rather not buy wholly new gear for a few more dBs. Any ideas?...