Posts by metsat

You should really look into the high-end part of this forum. This is a hard one to answer. Do you need the link? lol
  I think the D5000 is a great phone, it's too bad it got replaced. But, it's a little to bass heavy and a bit to warm sounding for the kind of music I listen to sometimes. Never tried the Fostex TH900. And I'm not trying to warm up the sound of the Shure 1840, I just want a good piece of equipment to see how these headphones can deliver the music with their "maximum" potential.   
  You bet, seekmadds! Anyhow, what do you think of the combo?
Hi all,   I was tempted and just hit the buy button blindly without testing the M-DAC personally, I do have 30-days money back guarantee though. I will hook it up with my Shure SRH-1840, using Furutech Formula 2 cable and Sonic Studio Amarra. What do you guys think of that combo? Feedback and suggestions are appreciated.
An amazing headphone for a "cheap" buck is the Audio Technica M50's. Well balanced with good bass response. Clear and detailed sound but yet very musical and fun to listen to. Just stay away from the Denon D1100. I had them about eight months and sold them. Unbalanced piece of gear where the bass just colors everything from midrange to treble. If you like bass also consider the HD518. They have pretty good bass response but sounds a bit veiled at the beginning, opens up...
What DAC and Amp would you guys recommend to get the best sound possible with the Shure SRH-940? Gear setup: - iMac late 2011 - Audirvana Plus - DAC? - Amp? Musical taste: Soul/R&B, Jazz (as well as vocal jazz), Instrumental music, Blues, sometimes Pop and Rock Thanks in advance...  
What DAC and Amp would you guys recommend to get the best sound possible with the Shure SRH-940? Gear setup: - iMac late 2011 - Audirvana Plus - DAC? - Amp? Musical taste: Soul/R&B, Jazz (as well as vocal jazz), Instrumental music, Blues, sometimes Pop and Rock Thanks in advance...
No one?
As the title states what amp would you guys recommend connecting to the Music Streamer to get the best sound possible with the Shure SRH-940? Gear setup: - iMac - Audirvana Plus - HRT Music Streamer 2012 DAC - Amp? Musical taste: Soul/R&B, Jazz, Instrumental, Blues, sometimes Pop and Rock Thanks in advance...
Ok, thanks for all the replies. I do like balanced phones but not painfully piercing treble. So I will test them out.