Posts by PedroH

Are there substancial differences among versions regarding fingerprints?
If I send mine back I may consider changing the Ruthenium for Palladium or Limited. Does the squeak manifest on this versions? If not, wich one would you choose if money is not a constraint?
Yep. They squeak if I manipulate them as in the YouTube video posted above. However, while on my head they (still) don't.   Mine are numbered 1773. Is this a batch defect or is it a design flaw common to all ed.8?
Just got my Ultrasone ed. 8 Ruthenium purchased online.   I was surprised by the look as in most of the photos it looks black when in fact they are like a mirror... not sure I like them.   Comments as to how they sound will follow later... now they are worming up.   Pedro
I have Earsonics SM3 and Ortofon eQ7 and just ordered the Ultrasone ed 8 exactly for this reason.
Have been comparing Fidelia with Decibel (my preferred and default player).   Fidelia delivers great clean sound quality with a great interface looking like an hifi component.   Decided to keep Decibel by a very thin margin. The sound is a bit more exciting.
Very happy with Decibel.   Tried Amarra and cannot even make it work. Looks like it lacks quality control.
The ed 10 may sound great but they are really ugly. Give me a black edition, please.
Thanks!
Yep, the amp of the MacBook air is powerful enough. Does the Leckerton DAC deliver any relevant improvement?