Posts by PedroH

I want to buy a world class DAC and I do not have budget restrictions up to 10.000 USD.   My current office system is: - MacBookAir with Decibel serving AppleLossless files, including some 96KHz 24bit high resolution files - Audiophilleo 1 (USB-SPDIF transport) - Meier StageDac (the DAC to be upgraded) - Meier Concerto (the headphone amp) - Ultimate Silver Dream interconnects   I mainly listen to pop, progressive, rock and hardrock and then a bit of...
What would be the best European dac maker / model at any price?   I have currently a Meier system that I like a lot but I want to upgrade.   Thanks.
I am using the Audiophilleo 1 connected to a Meier StageDac mainly to be able to play high resolution files via USB (as via USB this DAC only processes up to 48KHz).   The question I have is: in the near future wouldn't it make sense for these emerging USB-SPDIF transports to be bundled into the DAC in a single product? It seems that we are dealing with weaknesses / obsolescence of our DACs by having to buy external components...
My office system:   Meier Corda Stagedac Meier Corda Concerto Grado RS1i Sieveking Sound Omega Headphone Stand
@ Iamoneagain, thanks for the tip on Audirvana Plus.   Downloaded the trial and compared with iTunes, Decibel, Amarra and Fidelia. In my opinion Audirvana delivers the best sound, an amazing warm and exciting sound. Also liked the interface simulating an HiFi component.   This comparison also reminded me how bad iTunes sounds.   In the Audirvana FAQs, founded this comment:   "Audirvana fully works under Lion. But as of today (10.7.1), Lion is not...
I'm falling in love with these headphones!!! Really exciting sound.   Any open headphones with similar signature but even better sound quality? I already have T1 and RS1i.
I ordered my Ruthenium online.   Opening the box I was shocked to see they are mirror like shining...  in most pictures they look darkish...   Then I came to this thread for a second look at the pictures and found the squeak "problem"... manipulating them I noticed mine also make those noises...    But the truth is that I really have to manipulate, almost twist them, to get a small squeak. On my head they are dead silent. And that's what counts.    And on...
Are there substancial differences among versions regarding fingerprints?
If I send mine back I may consider changing the Ruthenium for Palladium or Limited. Does the squeak manifest on this versions? If not, wich one would you choose if money is not a constraint?
Yep. They squeak if I manipulate them as in the YouTube video posted above. However, while on my head they (still) don't.   Mine are numbered 1773. Is this a batch defect or is it a design flaw common to all ed.8?