Posts by PedroH

How is the sound from headphones out? Which headphones are you using with it?   I am considering the MCD1100 as a single component system with headphones, but don't know how good is the headphone amp.   I am going to audition it but would like to have your opinions.
  I am considering buying a new system to listen to music in the office: - Mainly pop, rock, progressive and some jazz. - I may listen to CDs or SACDs but I will mostly input lossless files from a MacBookAir via USB. Files resolution is CD quality and above. - I will only use headphones (no speakers) mostly Grado RS1i (alternatively Beyerdynamic T1). I would like to try McIntosh and identified the MCD1100 model that seems to cover all my needs in a single...
Any opinion on the McIntosh MCD1100?
Thanks for the tip on the Weiss upgrade, now it's certainly on my short list.
Inputs = at least USB Outputs = at least RCA Headphone amp built in = nice to have but not a requisite Upsampling = nice to have but not a requisite. Do not know what you mean with "defeatable" Preamp = nice to have but not a requisite Remote = nice to have but not a requisite   Having said this, this DAC will be the cornerstone os a series of upgrades so I can flexible on the requisites and upgrade all the other components on the system to match this state-of-the-art...
Thanks for the Stereophile tip! It's exactly the kind of information I was looking for.   And yes, after upgrading the DAC I will have to update the amp later this year.
  I want to buy a world class DAC and I do not have budget restrictions up to 10.000 USD.   My current office system is: - MacBookAir with Decibel serving AppleLossless files, including some 96KHz 24bit high resolution files - Audiophilleo 1 (USB-SPDIF transport) - Meier StageDac (the DAC to be upgraded) - Meier Concerto (the headphone amp) - Ultimate Silver Dream interconnects   I mainly listen to pop, progressive, rock and hardrock and then a bit of...
What would be the best European dac maker / model at any price?   I have currently a Meier system that I like a lot but I want to upgrade.   Thanks.
I am using the Audiophilleo 1 connected to a Meier StageDac mainly to be able to play high resolution files via USB (as via USB this DAC only processes up to 48KHz).   The question I have is: in the near future wouldn't it make sense for these emerging USB-SPDIF transports to be bundled into the DAC in a single product? It seems that we are dealing with weaknesses / obsolescence of our DACs by having to buy external components...
My office system:   Meier Corda Stagedac Meier Corda Concerto Grado RS1i Sieveking Sound Omega Headphone Stand